Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unfortunately, it looks like Bonas came up short on a couple of Olympic bids, including Ogo Adegboye who was not selected for the Great Britain Men's team.

However, congratulations to former GW Colonial Pops Mensah-Bonsu and Duquesne Duke Kieron Achara, who did make the GB team:

Pops Mensah-Bonsu said:
"The experience at the holding camp in Loughborough has made us all realise that the Olympics are just around the corner. I am proud to be a member of this team and can't wait to represent my country on the largest stage."

Any other A-10 athletes heading to London?

Note: Former SBU women's player Stef Collins is on the ladies basketball team.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Fordham had a few make the trials in track & field and swimming, but none made it onto the olympic squad. Gaston tried out for the Puerto Rican national team, but he did not make it either. Erin Rooney was on the New Zealand women's hoops team, but the fell short in the final round of qualifying.

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
St. Bonaventure and La Salle both had swimmers at the Olympic Trials. Neither was particularly close to the team, but being invited is an honor in its own right.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
When Xavier had a rifle team, they were one of the best in the nation, including sending individuals to the Olympics. I know one of the former Muskie shooters made this Olympics.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
We had some guys in my class who would have easily qualified for drinking if that had been an approved Olympic sport.

They're all still practicing and staying in form in case anything changes.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Former Spider field hockey star Shannon Taylor, who spent three seasons at UR before following her coach to Syracuse, made the U.S. Olympic Team.

Richmond also sent two swimmers to U.S. Olympic Trials and one to the British trials.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Rob Loe made the NZ national squad though they will not qualify for the Olympics.

Cody Ellis tried out but did not make the Aussie national team. He is playing on the emerging Boomers squad in China though with other young Australian players who didn't make the Olympic cut.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
We had some guys in my class who would have easily qualified for drinking if that had been an approved Olympic sport.

They're all still practicing and staying in form in case anything changes.
It's certainly "played" on enough continents to qualify.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts