Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Doug Steele's stats, Jarrett Jack leads the league in assist-to-turnover ratio, at 9.5. Not bad for a rookie, eh?

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
meru said:
According to Doug Steele's stats, Jarrett Jack leads the league in assist-to-turnover ratio, at 9.5. Not bad for a rookie, eh?
shame that he doesn't run the team that well..or (so far) shoot that good.

interesting (actually, it's not)...telfair isn't leading the league in turnovers..and good players are high up on the list of those who are turning it over a lot (like, Dwyane Wade, Steve Nash, Joe Johnson, Baron "I walk on water" Davis, and Carmelo Anthony.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That is something to get excited about. He plays enough minutes. It shows the guy makes good decisions. For a rookie to be at the top of that list, it's very impressive.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Well, I'd take him over John Salmons' 2.2 assists to .33 turnovers... but the fact that they put him ahead of Duhon and especially Billups, both averaging over 9 assists per game to that one turnover... shows that they need a 'minimum assists' or something of the sort placed in there.

·
Registered
230 Posts
^^^yup, minimum minutes/minimum assists

without that, it's like getting excited about Brian Cook's 100% 3pt shooting, he's only shot 1!

·
Banned
480 Posts
personally i think if you added telfair and jack together you`d still only come up with an average point guard,telfair is the biggest hype machine i`ve` ever seen

martell webster looks to have an nba body and good shot mechanics and i could see him becoming a very good 2 guard down the line

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
DavidBlunkett said:
personally i think if you added telfair and jack together you`d still only come up with an average point guard,telfair is the biggest hype machine i`ve` ever seen
*crickets*
martell webster looks to have an nba body and good shot mechanics and i could see him becoming a very good 2 guard down the line

·
Registered
481 Posts
Jack has done a great job of not turning the ball over, but I don't think he has had enough action to really qualify. Duhon has really suprised me. Before he was out for a couple games he ranked third in assists under Nash and TJ Ford. Nice to have all three of those guys on my fantasy team.

I wish we could compile stats to find out how many TO's the Blazers have while Jack is in the game. Just to see how the rest of the team is doing. I am thinking that Dixon or Patterson may be losing the posessions rather Jack in that second string.

Edit: Never mind about Dixon. Apparantly he only has 2 TO's this year. Does this seem strange. Maybe it is just that his FG% and 3PT% are both under 40%. Jack has also lost his percentage. I woul have though he was better the 10% at the 3pt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts