Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Kobe Bryant's impending free agency, and with the Spurs in good position for cap space, the thought has to come along where you connect the two. What the means is obviously the Spurs would have interest in signing Kobe, but I don't know if the interest is mutual. I really don't think the chances of Kobe coming to SA are very good, simply because I think Kobe likes the LA atmosphere better (The Lakers atmosphere that is, not the Clippers). So, my thought is: What if? What if Kobe came here? Would my most despised player turn into a personal favorite if he signed here? Well, the answer is.....yes. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I could definitely imagine liking Kobe Bryant if he came to town. Now keep in mind that just because a player comes to town, doesn't mean you have to like him. Anyway, it may or may not surprise that my feelings would change if he came here, but you have to understand my "hatred" for him. I've basically "hated" him because mostly he is on the Lakers, but another problem I have with him is that he tries a little too much to be like MJ. Everything from Kobe's fadeaway jumpshot, to his post-game interviews, is just an attempt to be like Mike. My opinion on that will never change, unless Kobe changes his style, which is very doubtful.

I will try not to ramble on too long, but I really have disliked the Lakers, and mostly Kobe Bryant on the team, but if he came here, which is very doubtful, I could definitely imagine loving the guy. I hate myself for saying that, but I guess that's just how things work. I guess it's you could call it a love/hate relationship, because I'll either love the guy, or hate his guts.

Now, I know there is only a handful of Spurs fans on this board, but let me ask you the same question: Will you love Kobe if he came to San Antonio? This question is specifically to the people who hate the guy now, and as a Spurs fan, I'll just assume that you do. ;)

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
i don't know about loving him... i might like him in some cases. i hate the guy because first of all, he's a laker and i really dont like his attitude. if he becomes a spurs, which i very much doubt, but it means he have to lose manu, i dont want that to happen. i would probably just like him... i dont really know kinda hard to say, right now i really dont like him, but i can't really answer that until he's a spurs.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I think its possible. I dont think Kobe would have nearly the same problems with Duncan that he does with Shaq. His problems with Shaq seem to stem from them both being very arrogent, and Shaq being lazy. Duncan is humble, works hard, is unselfish and is Mr. consistency.

With that said, I doubt Kobe signs with the Spurs. I dont know if the Spurs even plan to offer him anything.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont know if the Spurs even plan to offer him anything.

They can at least offer him something, because it is a harmless act. I do agree with you that Kobe to SA is very doubtful, but the Spurs would have to be stupid to not even experiment with the idea.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Kobe is a very good player, but I don´t know if he´d became one of my favourites palyers in SA.

A guy that would fit perfectly in San Antonio would be Kidd, but he prefered to win subchampionships with the Nets instead of winning titles with Duncan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts