Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rudy needs to play more minutes. The guy is producing in the limited minutes he has gotten so far tonight. He's on fire right now.

I thought that Juwon Howard was a curse, but I like his role in this team. Oden and Pryzbilla are playing aggressive, getting rebounds, and getting fouls too. Juwon Howard is filling in nicely when Oden and Joel get in foul trouble. They can continue to play aggressive, knowing that they have a capable player on the bench.

Win or lose tonight, I like what I'm seeing.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
even though the Blazers lost, I think they looked like a better team tonight than against the Rockets, where they played sloppy. This game gives a better idea of how good the Blazers can be. They just need to get the offense going. Other than when Roy and Rudy got hot, they shot horribly tonight. I believe if Oden learns how to stay out of foul trouble, then he could be somebody who leads the league in blocks and rebounds. He has bad hands on offense though. He gets the ball in good position, and loses it. He missed out on a couple of easy buckets tonight and against Houston because his hands were bad.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Rudy needs to play more minutes. The guy is producing in the limited minutes he has gotten so far tonight. He's on fire right now.

I thought that Juwon Howard was a curse, but I like his role in this team. Oden and Pryzbilla are playing aggressive, getting rebounds, and getting fouls too. Juwon Howard is filling in nicely when Oden and Joel get in foul trouble. They can continue to play aggressive, knowing that they have a capable player on the bench.

Win or lose tonight, I like what I'm seeing.
I completely agree about Howard. I feel a lot better with him coming in than I did with Frye. I was surprise he didn't play in the Rocket game, but Outlaw was playing pretty well in that game. Then he disappeared in this game.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
i'd like to see oden get it isolated in the post and see what he can do, i'm sure he can back down almost any opposing centre not named Dwight or Shaq

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'd like to see oden get it isolated in the post and see what he can do, i'm sure he can back down almost any opposing centre not named Dwight or Shaq
Oden needs to learn how to hold onto the ball. Already this season I've seen several plays where Oden was set up, and he just loses the ball. His hands are as bad as Tyson Chandlers were when he was struggling on the Bulls. So yeah, he can back down anybody, he just needs to hold onto the ball.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
webster deserves the chance to keep developing though. this could be his breakout year(finally). fernandez should definitely get a lot more minutes.. i'm thinking sixth man ala ginobili. he comes off the bench ready to play, he should get at least 28-32 minutes.

andre miller was a waste of money. guy looks washed up to me. why did blazers sign him again?

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Oden needs to learn how to hold onto the ball. Already this season I've seen several plays where Oden was set up, and he just loses the ball. His hands are as bad as Tyson Chandlers were when he was struggling on the Bulls. So yeah, he can back down anybody, he just needs to hold onto the ball.
Oden needs to keep the ball higher. He has especially has problems when the double with a quick guard or sf.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
webster deserves the chance to keep developing though. this could be his breakout year(finally). fernandez should definitely get a lot more minutes.. i'm thinking sixth man ala ginobili. he comes off the bench ready to play, he should get at least 28-32 minutes.
Completely agree with this part!

andre miller was a waste of money. guy looks washed up to me. why did blazers sign him again?
Totally disagree with this. While he has taken more shots than I like he just needs to get use to playing with the Blazers. He admits he a little out of shape, but once he is in better shape and is more familiar with his teammates he's going to help us a lot. He has already done some good stuff and I feel better with him on the floor than with Blake especially at the end of games.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts