Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was actually at it, I live in San Diego and had to make the 2 plus hour drive to the Staples Center. Jesus Christ, Darius Miles and Theo Ratliff are so freakin frustrating to watch. They were both HORRIBLE tonight. I was so irritated. Darius just seems like he doesn't care out there and Ratliff is the same way, he doesn't do ANYTHING. Damon is obviously on my crap list but Darius and Theo just moved on it now too.

Telfair and Viktor were easily the most impressive players tonight, along with Shareef, but he took a lot of shots. Viktor was so good out there, his defensive presence is so amazing, he is great to have out there. Telfair started off great but it seems coach or someone else really took him out of the game by slowing the game down. There were PLENTY of times Telfair broke Livingston's ankles and would penetrate to the lane and kick it out for someone to shoot a WIDE OPEN jumper, but most the time they missed. From Darius, to Shareef, to Frahm, these guys missed opportunities that Telfair created for them. If I was him I would be very frustrated too.

I was actually impressed by Livingston's passing ability at times, then again he did try to be flashy and threw it away when it was much more simple and effective to do it the regular way. He had 3 assists but had 3 turnovers, Telfair had 3 himself but only had 1 turnover. Livingston over did things clearly when he shouldn't have or his teammates would have converted the buckets. Also, numerous times Telfair blew right past Livingston, it wasn't even a thing, I think Brunson stayed in front of Telfair much better. Though I hope Livingston will have a healthy career because it seems he has some potential to be a good player in this league but he needs to learn to play at least SOME defense.

Maggette must be the most annoying player to watch in this league, he doesn't do anything at all, he just drives and gets the call time and time again, he just goes to the line all the time, thats how he builds his stats. I do think that a lot of the calls are absolute bull but Darius Miles could not stay in front of him at all tonight, it was ridiculous.

Our lineups were very frustrating tonight, odd lineups that didn't have much of any direction. The only players that can consistently create their own shot on this team are Telfair and Shareef, some lineups would exclude them both. Telfair got any shot he wanted and it seems there is a trend, that Telfair starts off not missing at all, to Telfair taking very few shots in the 2nd half, and the ones he takes are usually misses. I think it has something to do with conditioning. By the way, on 3 different occassions Telfair would wave to me and my girl when we waved at him, he responded, he's a really good kid.

It was the first time I had been to a game in a long long time because I have lived in SD for almost 3 years but it was very odd some of the restrictions they have now, really couldn't get the freed to go anywhere outside of your ticketed section.

Anyways a few things are clear, Darius and Theo are very frustrating to watch, Telfair can get past anyone, even his plus 6 inch counterpart(Livingston), Viktor is such a great player to have out on the floor, the team NEEDS to run, Darius should be traded, Vik should get more playing time, and Telfair is rapidly improving on his jump shot.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
i think the 3 game road trip without miles also showed that the team doesnt need miles, i think we will
trade: miles, nve and damon
hopefully: theo and DA
maybe: rubin and zbo
either: sign sar or sign and trade him

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Sambonius said:
Maggette must be the most annoying player to watch in this league, he doesn't do anything at all, he just drives and gets the call time and time again, he just goes to the line all the time, thats how he builds his stats. I do think that a lot of the calls are absolute bull but Darius Miles could not stay in front of him at all tonight, it was ridiculous.
I can think of a lot of players more boring then Maggette. What's wrong with going to the line all the time? He gets the team in foul trouble and scores. I don't see anything wrong with that, except if it's happening to our team. I'd take Maggette on our team any day.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
From Darius, to Shareef, to Frahm, these guys missed opportunities that Telfair created for them.
Ah, ha! That explains why Telfair got only 3 assists. If we can get some good shooters, I think he'll lead the league in this statistic.

Ratliff . . . doesn't do ANYTHING.
I've noticed the same thing. He can go long stretches where he's just running up and down the court and watching things happen. Very odd. Perhaps he feels that shot blocking is the only contribution he can make, and if the blocks aren't there, he doesn't know what else to do. Yet a 6'10 guy should be able to haul down a few rebounds, I would think.

Viktor was so good out there, his defensive presence is so amazing.
That's good to hear. I can't wait to see this kid play.

Maggette must be the most annoying player to watch in this league, he doesn't do anything at all, he just drives and gets the call time and time again,
I have to agree with the previous poster. This is a GOOD thing. I love to see a player driving to the hoop. It means he'll probably make the shot or get fouled, and one is as good as the other. If you make both your free throws, it's still 2 points, and you've also made the other team commit a foul.

The players I hate are the ones who keep hoisting up jump shots and missing.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scout226 said:
I can think of a lot of players more boring then Maggette. What's wrong with going to the line all the time? He gets the team in foul trouble and scores. I don't see anything wrong with that, except if it's happening to our team. I'd take Maggette on our team any day.
Yeah I would want him on my team, he's a smart player but he gets so many calls that aren't legitimate. He makes a living from the free throw line.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hate to break it to Blazers fans but Miles isn't going anywhere with that contract first year of a 6 yr-$48 million deal). Being from Cleveland, I'm very familiar with Miles' antics. You could find him in in the Flats (biggest bar strip in the state) pretty much any weekend they were in town. He obviously isn't committed to realizing his potential and the ridiculous amount of money Portland gave him after having proved absolutely nothing will only make him lazier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts