Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chicago trades: Tommy Smith ( ppg, rpg, apg in minutes)
PF Antonio Davis (8.9 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 1.7 apg in 32.6 minutes)
Chicago receives: PF Danny Fortson (3.7 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 0.1 apg in 11.8 minutes)
PF Tariq Abdul-Wahad (3.7 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 0.1 apg in 11.8 minutes)
SF Josh Howard (8.0 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.4 apg in 22.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +2.8 ppg, +1.3 rpg, and -0.2 apg.

Dallas trades: PF Danny Fortson (3.7 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 0.1 apg in 11.8 minutes)
PF Tariq Abdul-Wahad (3.7 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 0.1 apg in 11.8 minutes)
SF Josh Howard (8.0 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.4 apg in 22.9 minutes)
Dallas receives: Tommy Smith ( ppg, rpg, apg in games)
PF Antonio Davis (8.9 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 1.7 apg in 47 games)
Change in team outlook: -2.8 ppg, -1.3 rpg, and +0.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

:whoknows: We get two 3's, and a moody rebounder who likes to put people on the ground without having to move any of our core.

Dallas gets their big man without parting with any of their core, except for Josh Howard. But they've got a team to make a run THIS year.

Hinrich
Crawford
Howard
Chandler
Curry

That ain't bad for the next 5-10 years...plus a lottery pick this year?

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I like that deal a lot, I'm just not sure how much Dallas likes Howard. I think its definitely realistic for both sides though.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Dallas (!!A CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER!!) would never trade Josh Howard for spare parts, particularly when he is supposed to replace Michael Finley for the next 10 years. And yes, even if you relieve them of Wahad's contract.

Please you are dreaming. Howard is as valuable to Dallas, if not more, than Kirk Hinrich is to the Bulls, and I don't see you placing the elf man in this deal.

Mark Cuban laughs in your general direction.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Sorry if my previous post was a bit abrasive, but Howard is probably Dallas' least expendable player, behind Dirk Diggler.

Now if you were serious about landing Jamison or Walker, I'm sure the Mavs would listen to you a bit longer.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Taking on Grumpy Stumpy Humpty Dumpty and Dick Wahad (say :dickwad formerly known as Oliver St Billy Jean King ) to get Jolly Josh?

I think I would rather use Tractor Traylor's jock rashed jock after a triple overtime as an icepack for a migraine headache

I'm out like Rick Fox's lights after getting punked by Doug Christie !

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Howard is probably a longshot, the bulls would have to give up too much in order to get him. Won´t work...

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a question of whether Dallas wants a big man to content this year, and wants to get rid of Wahad's contract bad enough that'd they'd part with a late first round pick.

As good as Howard is, it would be laughable to trade any of our lottery picks for him. He's not a franchise player. He's complimentary. He fills a need for us.

And I would have thought a deal where Dallas can keep Jamison, Finley, Nash, and Dirk would be what Dallas was looking for. You're not going to find another deal for a big man where you can avoid giving those guys up.

You have to give something to get it in this league. Generally. I know our GM is a moron. But c'mon. Hinrich for Howard? Are you kidding me? Let's not get too inflated a head about our players here. It's not like Marques Daniels won't be as good or better than Josh Howard once he gets those minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.