Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy, what times we had. Whenever I hear someone say "rivalry" ever again, I'll think about the Knicks and Heat, forever. You got us in 96-97, and man, I hated you guys. (Just letting you know, if we had Ewing, Oakley, Starks, Johnson, Houston, Ward, etc, we would have won that series and gave MJ a run for his money). We got you in 97-98, in 98-99, and in 99-00, all on your home court, as the lower seed, as the underdog, with Jeff vs. Riley the theme. Three years in a row, should have been four. We owned you guys.

Now we're both pathetic losers. May the rivalry be reborn someday…

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, if memory serves me correctly, I remember Bozo complaining, or at least claiming that Miami was the better team. Look, in that rivalry, Miami had no bragging rights at all. They were the favorites, the higher seed, with home court advantage every single time, and blew it all but once. We took 3/4, should have been 4/4. Some of the best games ever were those 70-72 games that people hated. They could KMA, because defense wins games.

I love how people say the Kings and Mavs are exciting. To me, they are exciting because they win, not score. There is nothing about the ball going in the basket that is more thrilling than something else. A 360 windmill slam dunk counts just as much as two free throws. My point is, Miami-NY was everything right about the NBA, and I'm just glad to say my team got the better of it. In recent history, the Knicks have gotten the better of their rivalries. They owned Miami, even with Indy basically, only a man named Michael stopped them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.