Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jalen Rose has said several times that the Bulls need veterans at each position. I can't say I disagree with him, especially after watching summer league.

Here's what I'd like to see happen -

BULLS TRADES
Jamal Crawford
Eddie Robinson
Marcus Fizer
Oakley(resigned)
Dalibor Bagaric

PORTLAND TRADES
Bonzi Wells(resigned)
Dale Davis

If this deal comes off, I'd also like to see the Bulls resign Travis Best or another competent veteran PG and have him and Jay Williams battle for starting PG to begin the season.

We'd still have our exception to possibly sign Harpring. The lineup would be -

PG - Jay Williams / Travis Best
SG - Bonzi Wells / Trenton Hassell
SF - Jalen Rose / Harpring
PF - Tyson Chandler / Lonny Baxter
C - Eddy Curry / Dale Davis

This would give us a good veteran at every position, with Dale Davis able to play both PF and Center.

Portland has been rumored in deals with both Wells and Davis, and we all know Portland's GM doesn't mind doing deals.

Damon Stoudamire future is questionable, especially in light of his off-the-court issues.

Portland's GM has supposedly shown interest in the past in Fizer and Bagaric.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I think Portland's GM might get some of the latest RMR tape on Bagaric and spoil this proposal.

I am trying to envison where Fizer fits behind Wallace, Kemp, and Randolph, much less Oakley fitting in.

I dont think Portland has the roster space to do a 5 for 2 as well.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
There has been many, many trade ideas from Bulls fans over the last year or so of Fizer going to portland in a package either for Wells or wells and davis. Where would fizer get his minutes? Even if we do get davis, his minutes wont be there.

And add to this many Bulls fans have fizer going to LAC. Why would they do that? Fizer would be a backup there also. Behind Brand AGAIN. I think its safe to say any package trade of fizer going to these two teams would not happen!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bagaric would be for cap purposes, I wasn't suggesting he was at all a serious factor in the trade. He got outplayed by that Polish rookie center on Memphis.

I agree with your points given Portland's current roster. However, Portland has been rumored in quite a few trades, such as Rasheed Wallace to Detroit, Damon Stoudamire to New York, Zach Randolph to Miami, trades that could really shake up their team.

But barring other moves on Portland's part, I'd have to agree that the trade is highly unlikely.

That's not to say that a similar deal using our package of 'trade bait' couldn't be worked out with another team, or a 3-way with Portland.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I dont think portland would do this thi give them no C

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Originally posted by hps
Jalen Rose has said several times that the Bulls need veterans at each position. I can't say I disagree with him, especially after watching summer league.

Here's what I'd like to see happen -

***We give up all this???***
BULLS TRADES
Jamal Crawford
Eddie Robinson
Marcus Fizer
Oakley(resigned)
Dalibor Bagaric

***we get this???***
PORTLAND TRADES
Bonzi Wells(resigned)
Dale Davis

***The ONLY way I personally would do this deal is IF EROB's toe is festered and he is still hurting! Bagaric is nothing more than garbage, Oakley is a waste of a roster spot(proof last year!)

If this deal comes off, I'd also like to see the Bulls resign Travis Best or another competent veteran PG and have him and Jay Williams battle for starting PG to begin the season.

We'd still have our exception to possibly sign Harpring. The lineup would be -

PG - Jay Williams / Travis Best
SG - Bonzi Wells / Trenton Hassell
SF - Jalen Rose / Harpring
PF - Tyson Chandler / Lonny Baxter
C - Eddy Curry / Dale Davis

This would give us a good veteran at every position, with Dale Davis able to play both PF and Center.

Portland has been rumored in deals with both Wells and Davis, and we all know Portland's GM doesn't mind doing deals.

Damon Stoudamire future is questionable, especially in light of his off-the-court issues.

Portland's GM has supposedly shown interest in the past in Fizer and Bagaric.
****In short, I think you AND others are selling out on jamal Crawford before he has had ample time to prove his worth....?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts