Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/news/2003/02/04/diamond_wright/

Wright's game compares favorably to Boston Celtics star Paul Pierce. At first glance, neither appears to be all that explosive. Both are good shooters who play below the rim -- only occasionally flashing their athleticism -- and have a knack for using their bodies to drive past defenders. Wright, who also wears a headband, rebounds well for a wing player (six double-digit efforts this season) and can create opportunities for others (four games with four or more assists).

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
His stock is dropping after he hasn't shown improvement thus far in the season. Plus, it doesn't help that he is playing on a bad A&M team.

I do think Wright will end up being a very good player, but it may be another two years (including this one) before he is ready for the NBA.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Well,I don't think he's gonna be like Truth,but I didn't think the TRuth was gonna be a franchize as well.

but i do think he's a good player!

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Saying he compares favorably to Paul Pierce because "neither appears to be very explosive and they play below the rim" doesn't seem like a strong endorsement.

That's like saying Eddy compares favorably to Shaq because both "have a tendency to put on too much weight and neither has any range on their jumper."

Come to think of it, I compare favorably to Paul Pierce *and* Shaq!

;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts