Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Re: Alvin Williams talks about this season and his expectation of next.. LINK

He speaks the truth.
Other than Jalen Rose, we don't really have any leaders. Before we had Muggsy, Kevin Willis, Charles Oakley, Antonio Davis, Dell Curry, and the list goes on.
We just don't have that anymore.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts

its good to see that Alvin wants to take a leadership role...and its kinda weird when u think about it...from our huge run for the EC championship there is only 2 pllayers left.,...

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

Yea Man.. A-Wills Got A Point. The Team Seems Like They Dunt Eachother, In Games They Barley Even Laugh Or Anythin. It Wud Be Good If We Have Atleast A Leader Next Year. I Also Like This Line...

"I have just been working on my game, working hard every day because coach always talking, saying to me, just keep working because you never know when you're going to get your playing time," said Sow.

Pape Sow = Next Big Ben

·
Registered
372 Posts

I know we need a leader...but I'm not sure Alvin can be that leader....

even if he can be...I don't think people like Rafer will listen to him

·
Registered
68 Posts

good to hear Alvin is still kicking, hopefully he can fully recover. He would be great in the locker room, and is a prefect example of the type of attitude Babcock wants to bring in. Plus i think he is next to impossible to ship out of town til after coming season and i can't see Alvin retiring on an injury he would look at that as quitting or giving up and those of us that have watched Alvin career In tdot know he won't do that.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts

I can't wait to see him back. He's one of my favorite pure basketball players. He executes the fundamentals and is very clever on the court. Rapts might be kind of scary next season with Alvin back.

·
Registered
247 Posts

I look forward to Alvin William's return as well. In the fall I watched the 1999 Vancouver-Toronto pre-season game from Edmonton on ESPN Classic and it seemed like just yesterday that he was a healthy, young PG dishing the ball out to budding superstars Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady. I hope that his return, in addition to the loss of several current players, will help regenerate a strong team dynamic that will enable more consistent team efforts.

I'v lost almost all confidence in Alston at this point, which is a shame. His frequent clashes with fellow players and with management is a reflection of his inability to adopt a team-oriented composure.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
'Not a good situation'

From his vantage points on the Raptors bench and in front of the television, Alvin Williams has observed a team in turmoil.

Yesterday, in yet another blow to the reeling franchise, the injured point guard expressed his displeasure with many aspects of the Raptors in a wide-ranging interview. The longest-serving Raptor, whose future is uncertain after having season-ending microfracture surgery on his right knee in November, has issues with player behaviour, leadership and the constant roster upheaval.

"It's not good," the well-respected Williams said. "It's not a good situation right now."

Without naming names, Williams seemed to be aiming some of his criticism at swingman Jalen Rose and point guard Rafer Alston. Those two lashed out at each other in the media last week, though Rose made a hard-to-believe claim that he wasn't directing his comments at Alston. Rose did not name Alston in his rant.

"You see what I see," Williams, 30, said. "You saw the Charlotte game (last Friday when Rose and Alston basically refused to pass the ball to each other), I saw the Charlotte game, everyone saw that game. That typified everything."
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball/NBA/Toronto/2005/04/06/984736.html

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
As I said before, Alvin Williams is just one of those guys who shows up to work everyday, and doesn't take any days off. He's a warrior, and I'm certain that with him on our roster next year, he'll be able to lead by example. He'll be a great role model to our younger players.
Come back soon Alvin!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts