• 4th overall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5th overall

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • 6th overall

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • 7th overall

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 8th overall (Remember Cleveland is in our division!!)

Votes: 3 15.8%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Jason Williams -- The best Rookie in this class and will win ROY award. Followed by Butler, Gooden, Ming, Prince, Dunleavy.....
2. Fizer -- Will likely win Sixth Man Award. 2nd Best Screener in the NBA behind Karl Malone. And yes Karl Malone!!!
3. Rose -- Will Make the All-Star Team for the first time. Along with Williams, they will make each other better and one of the better combos.
4. TSN ranked us 21st best team out of 29. Not bad!!
5. Chandler -- The most Rising Player this coming season in the Central Division.
6. Out of 5 Experts, one ranked us 5th in our division better than Indiana, Atlanta Cleveland. One ranked us better than Atlanta and Cleveland. And three ranked us just better than Cleveland. NOT BAD. We are not the worst team.
7. One of those 5 experts gave Cartwright the "Coach of the Year" honor.

Overall, Not bad for a team that ranked last in about all categories last season.

What u guys think???

·
Registered
297 Posts
I agree with #1-#3.

Don't know where the Bulls will finish in the Central but it will definitely be in front of the Cavs. I'd say #5-7.

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
Any article that rates Marcus Fizer the second-best pick-setter in the NBA can't possibly be taken seriously.

Our favorite Cyclone has some of the worst footwork I've ever seen when it comes to setting a screen, not to mention he carries the rock between his cheek and gum like it's a shotput.

A few vastly superior (to Marcus) screen men off the top of my head? Juwan Howard. Kurt Thomas. Brian Grant. Dale Davis. Tim Duncan. Pau Gasol (Malone's heir apparent; think about it). Elden Campbell. Vlade Divac. Can I stop now?

I agree that lots of folks are sleeping on the Bulls, however.

·
Registered
835 Posts
They are not going to give sixth man of the year to a player on one of the worst teams in the league.

Fizer is extremely one dimensional. He thinks "shoot" all the time.

2nd best pick setter? I think the guy writing that nonsense has never watched Fizer play. This writer probably thinks power forwards set the best picks, and Fizer has the second thickest body next to Karl Malone so he must be the 2nd best pick setter.

The Williams ROY prediction is certainly possible. Rose as an All Star is possible. Chandler as the fastest rising player in the division is possible.

8 teams with a worse record is a stretch, and the Fizer prediction is way off.

Just my humble opinion.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
I think that I am looking forward to the day when "HEY! At Least We Don't Suck as Bad as We Did Last Year and The Critics Agree We're Not Even the Worst Team Anymore" won't be considered "compliments" and won't be our version of a positive outlook for the start of the season.

Man, I miss the good times past and look forward to good things to come, but this is getting tiresome.

·
36,839 Posts
Continuing with OT answer:

31 shows, all in the midwest. Sadly, I saw both Brent and Jerry's last shows (and SRV's too, but that's another story). We were at the '95 riot show in Deer Creek.

My wife and I had mail-ordered to do our first West Coast tour for fall '95. Obviously, getting that refund check was a major bummer. I have a pretty decent size tape collection of the Boys, and also a wide range of other boots, Allman to Zappa.

·
Registered
26 Posts
so what do you really think of bill walton?

:eek:fftopic:

i never saw them live (unless you count the downhill from here video :( )

i've seen phil and ratdog quite a bit. i collect vinyl so i'm getting into zappa (hot rats, joe's garage, waka/jawaka, and live in nyc.) any recommendations? i like shuggie otis, herbie, p-funk, marley... basically anything that doesn't suck.

i have a ton of new music i downloaded from furthur.net (all shin file, no mp3). do you like any of the new stuff: phish, sci, karl denson, etc?

anyway nice to know someone here is listening to good music

·
36,839 Posts
Walton deserves his accolades as a player. One of the best. Before the NBA he was a model athlete/scholar. He gets respect from me as "The World's Tallest Deadhead" and I wish I coulda been riding a camel with him when the Dead played in Egypt in 1978.

But as a basketball announcer, his biased analysis and smarmy, know-it-all attitude drive me bonkers.

We should get back on topic here, and avoid more music discussion on the Bulls board. You could open a thread about jam bands Everything But Basketball...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts