Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Leandro Barbosa

Only up to 47% right now but it will continue to go up. Since he is starting, he is averaging 15ppg on 53%FG 50%3s.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Yeah and like half of his points are layup and dunks on fastbreaks.

He doesn't even have the handle for a shooting guard in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!
Yeah and like half of his points are layup and dunks on fastbreaks.

He doesn't even have the handle for a shooting guard in my opinion.
You obviously haven't watched any Nets basketball lately. Richard Jefferson has become one of our most reliable jump-shooters. He has been hitting outside shots with consistency and a high frequency. He gets a lot of dunks and layups, but the majority of his points come from jump-shots. He is however a small forward. He's played very little, if any, minutes at the SG spot.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
yes much better. unless you can seriously fix jeffersons inability to hit the outside shot and his horrible handle

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PetroToZoran</b>!

You obviously haven't watched any Nets basketball lately. Richard Jefferson has become one of our most reliable jump-shooters. He has been hitting outside shots with consistency and a high frequency. He gets a lot of dunks and layups, but the majority of his points come from jump-shots. He is however a small forward. He's played very little, if any, minutes at the SG spot.
This is all true, I was just noting that he could play SG and still be more effective than a Kerry Kittles.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Originally posted by <b>dre1218us</b>!

This is all true, I was just noting that he could play SG and still be more effective than a Kerry Kittles.
I agree with you, but if RJ plays SG, who plays SF? The only way I can see RJ moving to SG is if Eddie Griffin is a real stud and would start at SF. But I don't see that happening this season.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Are you hallucinating? How can 9-19 be 49.9999?
Use your head man. If a player shoots 100% for the year, then goes 0-5 the the last game of the season, does that make his % 50%? No It makes it slightly less than 100%. You, my friend, are thinking like an elementary school student. And not a very good one at that.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!

Are you hallucinating? How can it conclude to a 0.0001 difference?

According to my calculation, his field goal average went down by 0.9
He was 309 for 614 before the game which is a 50.3% clip.

Now he is 318 for 633, which is 50.2%.

Wow, all you had to do was some math.

What calculation did you do?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jmk</b>!

Use your head man. If a player shoots 100% for the year, then goes 0-5 the the last game of the season, does that make his % 50%? No It makes it slightly less than 100%. You, my friend, are thinking like an elementary school student. And not a very good one at that.
Using other examples are ludicrous. If you want to back up Cassell's field goal statistics, back it up with some mathematical language, since I can't because i think like an elementary student.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.