Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bumped over to the ESPN board, a memeber there whom I highly respect , has an inside source. The member claioms that his source has been unavailable since prior to the trade yesterday. That only happens when a transaction is about to occur. That particular member is schocked that he is yet to hear from his source in response to the Miles aquisition, and is starting to believe that either another trade or a signing is slated to go down.

Of course trhis is all specualtion, but I found it worthy of a heads up.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I would think a signing is definitely going to happen soon. I don't know of any team having just 11 active players...at least for any extensive period of time.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I have a friend who knows a guy who is very connected to the brother-in-law of a guy who spends a lot of time with someone who once worked for a guy who was an insider of the Trail Blazers . . .

I haven't heard from him in awhile either.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>Talkhard</b>!
I have a friend who knows a guy who is very connected to the brother-in-law of a guy who spends a lot of time with someone who once worked for a guy who was an insider of the Trail Blazers . . .

Jeesh forgive me for trying to keep yall informed. I guess I'll keep it to myslef from now on.

·
Registered
731 Posts
It is wise to be selective about "predicting" uncertain events. However, it is a good thing, I believe, to have and hold a spirit of sharing. No one expects all "predictions" to come true. If a predictor is are found to be somewhat reliable, I'm pretty sure many on this board will take note and think positively.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>Bwatcher</b>!
It is wise to be selective about "predicting" uncertain events. However, it is a good thing, I believe, to have and hold a spirit of sharing. No one expects all "predictions" to come true. If a predictor is are found to be somewhat reliable, I'm pretty sure many on this board will take note and think positively.
Did I predict anything? If you wnat specific links to what board and which member I can provide those.

Hmm I even said it was pure speculation.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Talkhard</b>!

:laugh:

Schilly does seem to come up with good info though. I still had to chuckle here.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Schilly, I didn't identify who was predicting what. I think you are overreacting a bit.

However, if after saying that this guy on another board is generally reliable, you really only think that it is mostly likely garbage, then why did you bother telling people on this board about it?

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!

Jeesh forgive me for trying to keep yall informed. I guess I'll keep it to myslef from now on.
Bah... I'm surprised you haven't learned that a certain percentage of posters is going to complain no matter what you write on this board.

I, for one, appreciate shameless speculation and rumormongering.

Ed O.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Me too Schilly... I appreciate you sharing this with us.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!

Nooooo!

Keep sharing whatever you have got. As long as you clearly spell out exactly what it is - as you did do in this instance. We can make up our own minds how to process the information.

Ignore those whose knee-jerk reaction is cynical. It does nothing to add to the conversation. You know kinda like at parties where a group is having a lively conversation, back and forth. One guy walks ups starts talking - usually interupting someone - and kills the moment.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Yeah, thanks for the heads up. Either something happens or it doesn't, so why bash the guy for sharing info?

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just to stir the pot and pass on a prediction. Another poster on the smae board is saying a SHeed to NY deal will be finalized this afternoon or tomorrow. I would not buy too much into this. It was a prototypical newbie who probably was trying tomake a splash. He has a total of 5 posts, and when questioned he replied...

"All you guys will be kissing my (edited for content) when it happens today"

Which is typical for a person tryong to stir things up.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by <b>bfan1</b>!
Schilly-what are you doing spending your time over at the ESPN board?? :eek:
I never said it was the ESPN board...

BFan1 how do you know that came from there?:devil:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts