920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the Philly board.

Portland Trades:
Bonzi Wells
Damon Stoudamire

Portland Recieves:
Dikembe Mutombo

This would give you a legit center to challenge Shaq and the Lakers, free up playing time for Qyntel and Anderson, and get rid of Stoudamire's dumass contract.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
And who would play center for Philly? That's the problem with this Mutombo talk--Philly has to have SOMEBODY who is at least DECENT to replace Mutombo. Which is why they'll need a Dale Davis or an Erick Dampier to replace him. Or that's what I think, anyway.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
I don't think that trade has any shot at going down. Look at it talent wise. Portland is getting the short end of the stick, by Philadelphia taking two key players of the franchise(At least they were at one point, I think). I also agree with Roby, then you have to figure out who would play PG for Portland? Don't tell me Scottie Pippen!;)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dalembert will have to step up at one point. Mutombo has 2 or 3 years left in him. You can replace Bonzi. If you don't want Stoudamire to go. (Which I would die for, with his contract) then you can throw in one of your other bloated contracts.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Originally posted by Malakian
Dalembert will have to step up at one point. Mutombo has 2 or 3 years left in him. You can replace Bonzi. If you don't want Stoudamire to go. (Which I would die for, with his contract) then you can throw in one of your other bloated contracts.
Good point, Dalembert's career will be something like Mutombo's. As far as I know, Dalembert only has the defense.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I think if Philly is serious about trading Mutombo than Portland is the most realistic destination. One, they have the need. Mutombo is still just an obstacle for Shaq but he is one of the better one's, and two, they have enough big salaries to make a trade work.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
I think Mutombo's trade value has fallen. He is getting older and is finally starting to show it. Mutombo would be a great addition for Portland who out in the West needs a center now that Sabonis left. I don't think Iverson would let that trade fall through, he needs someone to get his rebounds so he can shoot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts