Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want Marko Jaric to be on our team!!!! He is a way better PG than any of the ones we have right now, and I really think that he would fit in with KO's system. I say trade for Jaric before it's too late. He could be the missing piece to our puzzle.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, to be honest, I don't think we could offer them anything they'd be interested in. Our only chance is with AW, for Jaric and another player to satisfy salaries, but I don't think that any team would want Aw (smart by them). So it's really too bad for us.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
to be semi-realistic i'll say larry hughes. he can do a lot of things with the basketball and can play solid D. JR, LH, and VC would be a great backcourt.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I would love to see Steve Nash or Jamal Magloire as a raptor......
simply because they ae good and they are canadian.....

or maybe .............................Rick Fox ;)

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Just to let u know Jaric was selected as "worse defensive player in NBA" in an article on mid-season awards (best and worse) posted somewhere a couple weeks ago. Not that the writer has anything to back up his choice, but it does say something about what kind of player he is! Plus he's a terribly inconsistant shooter and doesn't handle the ball any better than the PGs we have right now!
A true PG in the league nowadays is almost as hard to find as a true C. In terms of young PGs I still like Luke Ridnour, who I think can be the next Steve Nash in about 2 yrs.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Yao Mania</b>!
Just to let u know Jaric was selected as "worse defensive player in NBA" in an article on mid-season awards (best and worse) posted somewhere a couple weeks ago. Not that the writer has anything to back up his choice, but it does say something about what kind of player he is! Plus he's a terribly inconsistant shooter and doesn't handle the ball any better than the PGs we have right now!
A true PG in the league nowadays is almost as hard to find as a true C. In terms of young PGs I still like Luke Ridnour, who I think can be the next Steve Nash in about 2 yrs.
Oh yeah, I remember that! I don't think Jaric is gonna be of much help here in Toronto, the Clippers aren't even satisfied with his production over there in the West which isn't as rich as the East in terms of guards (point guards in particular).

Steve Nash will be nice in Toronto. He's good and he is Canadian.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Oh yeah Steve Nash would fit PERFECT in toronto..He is good and him and Carter could really work good together on offence and most importantly....HES CANADIAN

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would love Nash to play here too, but I doubt Cuban will let him go. He'll resign in the summer with Dallas. Besides, he said Dallas would be his first choice, Toronto second. I don't blame him.

I personally think Jaric is a better PG than any of the ones we have right now put together. Even though he's a SG, he is a smart player and has sharp court vision. As for his "bad shooting," what would you say about Rose or Williams, and especially Palacio? Out of those three, I only like Rose, b/c I think he could pull it together, but the other two are lost causes. And for Marko's bad defensive plays, you think the "PGs" we have right now are any better? I think Jaric is WAY better than them, and with a WAY lower price tag.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I think after this season we should sign two current Celtics players that are becoming free agents after the season, Mike James and Mark Blount.

I've liked Mike James as a player since he was with Miami. He is a good defensive player and maybe can-not shoot a mid range shot very well but is a pretty good 3 point shooter. Also at 6'2" he has good size and could be a very nice backup PG. He also is one of the leaders in assist-to-turnover ratio.

Mark Blount is 7'0" 250 lbs and concentrates mainly on rebounding and shot-blocking, but can also receive the occasional entry pass and get a basket. I think he would be a great fit with Toronto. Although I see on Hoopshype that he has a player option for next year so he would have to opt out of his contract if that is true.

·
Registered
564 Posts
i would just like a point guard that understands the game.... IMO palacio doesn;t understand his role on the team and the game in general... he never passes to vince in the fourth quarter i notice that quite a bit... and he is careless with the ball trying to push to hard and make plays that aren;t there.... and if he isn;t doing that he is taking bad shots... he is not a shooter therefore he has to stop pulling up in transition from about 15 feet because the guy cant shoot... i honestly think that we need to look at some nbdl guards or something... because if we are not going to trade for one.. we need to pick somebody up... even skip understood which players get the ball in certain cituations... i am voting that Milt is on e of the worst players in the NBA. I would like TJ Ford, eric snow, charlie ward

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
off season deel alvin and murray if still here, re-sign marshell,peterson
Then sign Nash, Dale Davis and Robert Traylor

starting line up
pg nash
sg carter
sm rose
pf Marshell
C Davis

bench
bosh (let him beef up a little more and keep him more healthy by playing a little less)
peterson
traylor
curry
palacio
mason jr.

deel bradley with A.W

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Junkyard Dog13</b>!

Then sign Nash, Dale Davis and Robert Traylor
nice, but wont happen. EVER.

Originally posted by <b>Carter182</b>!
Magloire
Magloire just signed an extension and hes the Hornet's best bigman.

·
Registered
731 Posts
omg....how can Dallas spend so much (Nash at least 7mil/yr when resign) when Raptors can't even afford another 3-5mil guy?....

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JL2002</b>!
omg....how can Dallas spend so much (Nash at least 7mil/yr when resign) when Raptors can't even afford another 3-5mil guy?....
Dallas is owned by an eccentric billionaire who loves basketball.
Toronto is owned by the Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan.
You do the math.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!

Dallas is owned by an eccentric billionaire who loves basketball.
Toronto is owned by the Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan.
You do the math.
hmmm.....ok.....nvm :laugh:

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VinceCarter15</b>!
Oh yeah Steve Nash would fit PERFECT in toronto..He is good and him and Carter could really work good together on offence and most importantly....HES CANADIAN
Well we all know how much Nash loves his country right? With the recent controvesy from Cuban (discouraging his players from participating in Olympics) perhaps Nash would choose to sign with another team for less money just so he won't have Cuban to boss him around! And if Nash is such a great Canadian maybe he'll sign with the Raptors for very little money ala Payton and Malone w/ the Lakers?? Well probably not his next contract but maybe like when he's 34 and a few yrs away from retirement... thoughts?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts