Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has come to my attention that it could be a sign of health problems if a person that has longer arm length than there true height could be more likely to have arthritis and have a major
heart artery blocked or effected from this.

I just brought this up because there are so many basketball players like this with freakishly long arm length, the obvious one would be Rod Grizzard how is 6-8 but has a 7-0 wing span. It is weird that something so great for a basketball player, and something they use that God gave them could actually injure them for life. It was just in general that people have it, so I hope that athletes are not as effected by that.

Long arms to some scouts is like the Holy Grail, but this info just brings up the fact that it was by chance they got those long arms and there is a chance that those arms could cause there death.

Athletes depend on there body to preform, but that freak like ability at times is not always a good thing.:confused:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Does this really need to be an announcement?:no:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, we'll there've been over 50 cases of nba players with "extended arms", meaning they have a longer wingspan than usual. Darryl Kyle's case was just a freak occurance that rarely happens.

I've never seen college basketball players (over 250 players with extended arms) get injured due to there arms or for that case, less than 2% of the whole athletic playing field get hurt due to this.

That can not be a fact.

Maybe an opinion in your case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts