Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think Caron Butler will be able to be an elite type of player like Vince Carter, Paul Pierce or Tracy McGrady?

Keep in mind Butler is 22 years old and T-Mac is 23. It's not a big age difference which makes me think is Butler for real or is it just McGrady that's amazing and Butler will never be able to be as good as him?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Caron Butler sure is getting a lot of hype for a guy who's done nothing but cry like a little baby on draft night. I'm pretty sure in 2 years he'll be known as Caron Bustler cause he sucks!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
he'll be a SOLID player if that means anything. He will be a very dangerous player but it will take him time to make him be a super star, or star.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
He needs time to mature but I think Caron Butler will be a star later on in his career.

He however wont be a super stud like Jordan, Hakeem, Shaq, and Duncan

I can see him being like a Reggie Miller/ Eddie Jones type

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by hunterb14
He needs time to mature but I think Caron Butler will be a star later on in his career.

He however wont be a super stud like Jordan, Hakeem, Shaq, and Duncan

I can see him being like a Reggie Miller/ Eddie Jones type

Yeah, me too.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Eddie Jones is a miniscule blip on the radar of reggie's career. Reggie is 17th all time in scoring. And he is also the most clutch player in history.

·
Registered
133 Posts
eddie jones was the man in charlotte..........i dont kno what happened when he went to miami.....he should've just went to chicago when he had the chance

·
Registered
418 Posts
Eddie Jones has been putting up solid numbers with the Heat, and he is still a tremendous defender, he just doesn't get much attention now. Maybe its because he isn't a flashy player.

·
Dwight Howard for MVP
1,163 Posts
Originally posted by thrice911
Eddie Jones has been putting up solid numbers with the Heat, and he is still a tremendous defender, he just doesn't get much attention now. Maybe its because he isn't a flashy player.
It's most likely because the Heat are a losing team, and no one on losing teams tends to get a lot of attention.

For example...how much attention did Mike Bibby get when he was a Grizzlie? He wasn't talked about much. He signs with the Kings, has a great playoff run and he got a lot of attention.

·
Registered
119 Posts
butler possesses leadership, a decent(not great) jumpshot, and likes to take the ball to the rack. very good first step also. while he is probably the most NBA-ready player in last year's draft, butler has some room for improvement. he could improve his outside jumpshot as well as his defense. i do predict that he will be a good player if not a great one. the tools are there. they just need tweaking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts