Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time Zach yells out "and one" when he shoots, he misses. No doubt he got that from Sheed who used to do the same thing (and miss every time).

It seems like mustering the energy to bark out that "and one" as you're going up for the shot might be a little distracting. Just enough to miss that shot.

Maybe his teammates need to say something to him about. Telfair?? I know Mike Rice likes to read the chat boards. Hey Mike, you out there? Tell him to focus on finishing that play and let the refs call the plus one.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
He needs to stop complaining about the non calls and get himself back on defense. We were playing against one of the better fast breaking teams in the league and at one point Zach was 80 feet away from everyone else. Lucky for him, we ended up getting the ball back and he cherry picked for a dunk.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
Last nite he shot and missed a 3 pointer from the middle of the court and was the last one back!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Zach is lazy, Zach just cares about the money AND the fame/prestige.

Except what he doesn't understand is that if keeps playing like garbage, he's not gunna have either anymore.

Oh and I forgot, Zach cant dribble.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Zach says "and one" after every flipping shot, it is very annoying, and just another reason why he is a bonafide knucklehead..

His play last night was pathetic, he deserved to sit on the bench longer than the amount of time he actually did...

I sincerely hope POR trades him.....

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
blue32 said:

Except what he doesn't understand is that if keeps playing like garbage, he's not gunna have either anymore.

Oh and I forgot, Zach cant dribble.
Unfort. he'll still have the money...curse guaranteed contracts. :curse:

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
blue32 said:
Yeah. He's lazy. That's why one of the most horribly unathletic players in the league averaged 20 and 10 during the only season he played and stayed healthy. That's right. Because he's lazy.

The mere fact that he made it to the league shows he is a hard worker.

I think your observations are lazy.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Fork said:
Yeah. He's lazy. That's why one of the most horribly unathletic players in the league averaged 20 and 10 during the only season he played and stayed healthy. That's right. Because he's lazy.

IMO you're both somewhat right. Zach has worked hard at points and for that I will give him credit, yet at times he does appear to be lazy on the floor. Jacking up outside shots instead of banging in the paint, not getting back on defense or playing lackluster defense at best, not hitting the boards at times etc.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Fork said:

LOL =) thanks for that, I needed that this morning.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
So he says "and one" on every shot, and he misses every time he says, "and one"?

Wow... I thought that I saw him make a shot once, but I must be mistaken.

Ed O.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
There is a basketball video game coming that is something about AndOne... Rasheed was on to something... he is the first one I remember saying that.

Zach isn't lazy... he worked his butt off to get back from injury. He is more concerned with offense than defense though. Zach can be a nice part of a good team... but he will never do it all.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Random Stats:

- Among 113 Qualified players, Zach is 106th in Adjusted Field Goal Percentage.

- His adjusted field goal percentage is also second to last among qualified power forwards (Webber is last).

- In 74 games, Zach has shot at least 50% only 21 times.

- Before shooting 50% (4-7) against the Supersonics, he hadn't shot 50% since March 14 against the Bulls.

- On the second half of a back-to-back this season, Randolph averaged 38% shooting.

- In his last 10 games, Randolph has averaged 13.1 points per game on 36% shooting.

- Since the All-Star Break, Randolph has shot more poorly from the field than Ricky Davis, Darius Miles, Al Harrington, Tim Thomas, and DeShawn Stevenson.

- Randolph is second to last among qualified power forwards in points-per-shot (Webber is last).

- Randolph is 9th in the league in 2-pt. field goals attempted.

- He is 6th in field goals attempted among power forwards. Save for Chris Webber, the next PF to shoot so poorly from the field is Rasheed Wallace, who shot the ball almost 200 times less.

___

- Out of 65 qualified PFs, Zach is 51st in personal fouls.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
Ed O said:
So he says "and one" on every shot, and he misses every time he says, "and one"?

Ed O.
Captain Condescending strikes again

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ed O said:

Ed O.
He doesn't say it every time he shoots, rather every time he says it (about 4 or 5 times a game), he misses the shot.

·
Steal of the Draft
8,008 Posts
sa1177 said:
IMO you're both somewhat right. Zach has worked hard at points and for that I will give him credit, yet at times he does appear to be lazy on the floor. Jacking up outside shots instead of banging in the paint, not getting back on defense or playing lackluster defense at best, not hitting the boards at times etc.
Like a post I just made in another thread, I think it's more he is too unmotivated right now. We are 21-56 and have the worst record in the NBA. When he has something to motivate him, for instance, playing in his hometown, he dominates. So, I'm led to believe once we have a chance at the playoff's and his knee is back to 100% then I think we will see a more improved ZBo. Like the one that we saw during that streak where he had a few 30 point games, and teh 32/14 game against PHX.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
I think the point of the "and one" comment that Zach says is that...

A) He says it on practically EVERY shot...and what is worse...He believes it!

B) Anyone who has ever played basketball knows how annoying and self centered such players who say this are...I am serious here...This is the type of guy who thinks he is ALWAYS fouled, otherwise how did he miss? It is is unfathomable to him, and he would rather argue about it or stand and scowl about a non call than actually help his team get back on defense...

Zach...is the NBA version of this player....I know this type of player, having played against many of them...and I hate this type of player...I hate guarding him, I hate playing against a team with him on it, but most of all I hate having him on my team, b\c the whole time he goes through his histrionics I mouth to myself "Please just STFU"

Zach is this guy...and let me tell you...this guy is a loser...He will never win anything b\c he is too damm petty and self concerned to understand the bigger concept of team basketball...

If POR mgmt has ANY intelligence left in them...they will deal Zach....I don't see him changing his ways, and POR will never have a championship team with that type of player on the team...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.