Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it with the love affair with Vince Carter? I was reading someones post about wanting to see Vince Carter posterizing Bosh and hoping Bosh injures himself? Granted Vince Carter has done alot for the franchise and brought excite to basketball in Toronto but unless you're 10 or 12 years old did basketball never exist for you guys before that?

I mean I see alot of guys fiercely sticking up for Vince for being the guy who showed them what a great sport this is. But you guys never loved the sport when guys like Jordan was dominating the league, when Reggie was beating the Knicks, when Malone and Stockton were still back running the pick and roll? I guess what I'm getting to is I feel kinda sad that players like Ewing, Barkley, Robinson, Pippen, Thomas, Drexler, Mullin, Mugsy, Olajuwan didnt get you guys to love the sport before because Basketball did exist before VC.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
I think a lot of Raptors fans feel like they owe loyalty to Vince because he was a superstar.

It's fine to like him and to enjoy watching him play. Not everyone has to hate him for leaving Toronto and saying he didn't try hard afterwards.

The people that get me are those who not only religiously support Vince, but demand that others support him as well. It's fine to be devoted to a certain player but not everyone is going to feel as strongly as they do. It goes both ways, though. I see a lot of people acting like they wouldn't piss down his throat if his heart was on fire, and are infuriated when anything positive happens pertaining to Carter.

There was life before Vince, there is life after Vince. People said the same things about Chicago when Air retired, and their recovery certainly hasn't been easy, but look at them now.

I think it's mostly an issue of patience and the lack thereof.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definately agree with you speedy,

I dont have a problem with people liking Vince Carter but it does seem weird to me that they are so passionate about him regardless if he even finishes the rest of his career as a scrub hes always going to be ones of the greatest players to ever play the game to some.

As for the Bulls, Gentle Ben is something else haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts