Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in last nights loss to Detroit was the performance of Kirk Hinrich.


38 minutes

19 points

12 assists

7-10 FG

4-6 3P



I mean Kirk is really coming along and turning into one of the best young PG's in this league. He just continues to get better, work hard, and improve every game. His upside is pretty large from where I sit. If we could have slowed down Rip and did a better job on the boards that could have been a W. If Pippen had been able to play more maybe he could have done something with Rip and Chandler when he gets back will help on the boards. Last night was about what I expected. Perimeter defense on SG's and rebounding are two large weaknesses we have right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bullhawk</b>!
in last nights loss to Detroit was the performance of Kirk Hinrich.


38 minutes

19 points

12 assists

7-10 FG

4-6 3P



I mean Kirk is really coming along and turning into one of the best young PG's in this league. He just continues to get better, work hard, and improve every game. His upside is pretty large from where I sit. If we could have slowed down Rip and did a better job on the boards that could have been a W. If Pippen had been able to play more maybe he could have done something with Rip and Chandler when he gets back will help on the boards. Last night was about what I expected. Perimeter defense on SG's and rebounding are two large weaknesses we have right now.
Kirk did play great last night. Keep in mind that what ended up killing us was the 3 point shooting of their point guards Atkins and Billups in the 4th quarter, but that may have been because Kirk was doubling down in the post on coach's orders.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,802 Posts
Yeah great game by the rook! And those two charges that KH & Dupree took late in the game were freaking charges not blocks like the refs called.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
933 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
Yeah great game by the rook! And those two charges that KH & Dupree took late in the game were freaking charges not blocks like the refs called.
I guess Kirk has to die on the court in order to received call from referee. People are running over his back and it is ok with officials. On the other hand if someone is gently touching RIP he gets immediately foul call…
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,393 Posts
Kirk has really proven his mettle this year.

I wish he would look to score a we bit more, atleast until we have a few more people who can score with regularly.

He's going to be a solid to better than solid PG for many years to come.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Kirk will get beat up this year, and probably lose his share of the calls. But in the long run, it's only because he's going to get all the calls down the line. You have to respect what he brings to the game. His play has been a bright spot for the bulls this season....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>robert60446</b>!


I guess Kirk has to die on the court in order to received call from referee. People are running over his back and it is ok with officials. On the other hand if someone is gently touching RIP he gets immediately foul call…
I agree that Kirk isn't getting every call he deserves, but I'm starting to see him pick up some charge calls on the defensive ends that could go either way. I think he's gaining respect quicker than most (not named Lebron), Jess Kersey aside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,704 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!
That play when he dove on the floor and tipped the ball downcourt to Erob for the breakaway dunk was AWESOME!
:yes:

The dive and fastbreak made me smile as much as his tip to self fast break of last week. I enjoy watching Kirk play the game. He is already one of the most savvy players on a team filled with 3 and 4 year "veterans".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
The Bulls squad for the next 3 years:
PG- Hinrich
SG- ?
SF- ?
PF- ?
C- ?

Coach- ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!
The Bulls squad for the next 3 years:
PG- Hinrich
SG- ?
SF- ?
PF- ?
C- ?

Coach- ?
Thats something that would have been laughed at badly in the offseason.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would add Chandler at PF to that mix and I think Skiles is here as coach for a long while. JC and EC can go for a stud SG or SF then put Davis at C backed up by Blount with Gill,Pip, and JYD as fill ins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
Re: Re: A Silver Lining

Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!


Kirk did play great last night. Keep in mind that what ended up killing us was the 3 point shooting of their point guards Atkins and Billups in the 4th quarter, but that may have been because Kirk was doubling down in the post on coach's orders.
In the post game show Skiles said "The 3 pointers in the 4th quarter killed us. We were doubling on the ball which we never do leaving guys wide open. I'm dissapointed in that."

I don't think it was coaches orders. He seemed ticked. I think it was the wing players resorting to old orders from the previous coach. (not saying it was Kirk. It may have been Jamal. I honestly don't remember who was doing it)

I think what killed them were rebounds. That's it. Also those two blocking fouls in the 4th quarter on Dupree and Kirk which were no-calls at best. Those two calls were terrible and killed 100% of the Bulls momentum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
From CNNSI:
Who would have predicted this 6-3 guard from Kansas with the Beatles-style mop-top haircut would be Chicago's starting point guard 20 games into his rookie season? Not only has Hinrich silenced the skeptics, but he's also arguably been the Bulls' best player. Through Monday, he was averaging 10.3 points and 5.5 assists while shooting 34.8 percent from 3-point range and playing at times sticky defense. Hinrich must cut down on his turnovers and improve his mid-range shooting, but considering he missed most of training camp with illness, his development has been impressive. "I don't know if he'll be an All-Star," one player personnel director said, "but I see him having a real nice 10- to 12-year NBA career."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kirk has improved a lot on the turnovers since early on. His can improve on mid range shooting though I admit that.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,802 Posts
I think there were 3 reasons the Bulls lost last night. One, they were playing the powerhouse Pistons who are on a roll. Homestly the Bulls would have had to play a perfect game to win.
Two, they didn't box out at ALL for some reason. Seems to me your playing against Ben Wallace boxing out should be first and foremost on your mind if your a big. Third, the offense was not efficent. Attribute this to Detroit's defense but some of the plays that were called had me scracthing my head. Gill posting up Prince? WTF? They went to that like three times and even though Gill converted twice thats not what I would have been looking for in the offense. Thats just one example, there were plenty of others. The Bulls looked like they were a 24 second violation waiting to happen most of the game. And just because E-Rob can score a couple of times on the curl off the screen, that doesn't mean you should run the same damn play 3 consecutive times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,909 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
I think there were 3 reasons the Bulls lost last night. One, they were playing the powerhouse Pistons who are on a roll. Homestly the Bulls would have had to play a perfect game to win.
Two, they didn't box out at ALL for some reason. Seems to me your playing against Ben Wallace boxing out should be first and foremost on your mind if your a big. Third, the offense was not efficent. Attribute this to Detroit's defense but some of the plays that were called had me scracthing my head. Gill posting up Prince? WTF? They went to that like three times and even though Gill converted twice thats not what I would have been looking for in the offense. Thats just one example, there were plenty of others. The Bulls looked like they were a 24 second violation waiting to happen most of the game. And just because E-Rob can score a couple of times on the curl off the screen, that doesn't mean you should run the same damn play 3 consecutive times.
There was a stretch in the 3rd/4th quarter that I think like 9 of 10 shots taken were from 15 ft or futher out, most being 19 ft plus. That isn't winning, high percentage basketball unless you're Larry Bird.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RetroDreams</b>!


There was a stretch in the 3rd/4th quarter that I think like 9 of 10 shots taken were from 15 ft or futher out, most being 19 ft plus. That isn't winning, high percentage basketball unless you're Larry Bird.
yep! Thats 100% correct.
 

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
Joined
·
6,181 Posts
I don't necessarily want Kirk to score more points persay, but I definately want to see him drive to the basket more. This will help our bigs move and get open, and create a lot more quality 15-18ft looks for the guards.

Same can be said with Jamal, but he seems like he'd rather hang out on the perimeter and shoot, which is ok, as long as one of the two is going to the bucket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
is Bullhawk Kirk Hinrich or Wolverine? If so, welcome back. If not, then sorry
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top