Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching the Lakers decimate the Nets, hearing Shaq proclaim Jason Kidd the real MVP sounded more like an insult to Tim Duncan than a compliment to Kidd.

Now I might be right off the mark in saying it, but if I were Duncan i would be dissapointed to hear that after the season I had.

Duncan and Kidd played the same role in their teams (not posistions of course) being that without them, their teams are lottery bound.

Kidd did it, and did it well in the East, and Duncan did it in the west. Duncan got at least one Playoff win over the Lakers. The Nets couldn't get one (though I wish that they did).

So, was Shaq just sucking up to the Jersey crowd, or was he having a veiled shot at Duncan. I would say a bit of both

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
The only reason Shaq said that is cuz Kidd was the ONLY Net to show up for EVERY game in the finals.:yes:

Shaq would NEVER take a shot like that at Duncan,cuz he knows that if he lost 40lbs he could NEVER be half the baller that Duncan is.:no:

Duncan has all-around superb game,which = MVP!:D

·
Registered
443 Posts
.....But didn't the voting take place in Texas. If im right then that is biased.:confused:

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
One very difficult thing for most humans to accomplish is to read the motives and intent behind someone's words. I've just never been too good at that. ;)

·
Dwight Howard for MVP
1,163 Posts
I think Shaq said Jason Kidd was the real regular season MVP because the Nets, as you know, really sucked. And Kidd got them a 52 win season and got to the Finals for the first time ever.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
That's what I thought, Shaq's toe.
Well said, I think Shaq is just some hater in real life.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Penny Hardaway
That's what I thought, Shaq's toe.
Well said, I think Shaq is just some hater in real life.
Thanks Penny. Love your game by the way

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
J-Kidd

Kidd was the real MVP.

Shaq did it, because he wanted to honor the Nets and Jason Kidd for what they accomplished this year. He also wanted the NJ crowd to stop booing the Lakers.:D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: J-Kidd

Originally posted by Mr. X
Kidd was the real MVP.

Shaq did it, because he wanted to honor the Nets and Jason Kidd for what they accomplished this year. He also wanted the NJ crowd to stop booing the Lakers.:D
I disagree. I think Duncan was equally important to the Spurs.

But yet I also agree. He did want the Jersey fans to stop booing:D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Re: Re: J-Kidd

Originally posted by Shaqs big toe
But yet I also agree. He did want the Jersey fans to stop booing:D
that's exactly what i was thinking.:yes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts