Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
" I Fear All We Have Done Is Awaken A Sleeping Giant, And Filled Him With A Terrible Resolve. "
Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

OH HOW TRUE THIS QUOTE IS FOR THE LAKERS NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS, HOW TRUE INDEED.

·
Registered
721 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
LakerLunatic said:
" I Fear All We Have Done Is Awaken A Sleeping Giant, And Filled Him With A Terrible Resolve. "
Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

OH HOW TRUE THIS QUOTE IS FOR THE LAKERS NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS, HOW TRUE INDEED.
Actually that analogy doesn't fit the Lakers. The US had never been a world power but after WW2 was when we became a world power. This means that Lakers would never before been a good team, which they were less than a year ago.

I have a feeling that the Lakers are more like the Roman Empire.

Don't worry, I'll write it down in the history books so people remember the once mighty Lakers. :biggrin:

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah but they were, following world war 1 they made the transition from debter nation to creditor nation, but it is good to see some Bball fans who share a love for the social sciences as well. :cheers:

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good call ehmunro, good call indeed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lol, a history debate on a basketball forum. Go figure. :whoknows:

Anyway, when I said world power I meant Super power, basically Russia and US after WW2.

So the transgression of power for US was

Colonial Power < World Power(Post WW1) < Super Power(Post WW2).

The Laker haven't become better than their past teams. I think the 80's and 70's Lakers teams were better than the Shaq and Kobe team.

I think the Laker dynasty is on the decline, taken down by those mean barbarians(Detroit).

I mean geez, who many titles do the Lakers have under their belt?

Go away for a little bit so the Mavericks can win a couple and then feel free to come back and win as many as you want.:biggrin:

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you go on the Mavs forum i have posted 2 threads about how this team is 100% the sleeper going into the Playoffs and they have a serious chance of winning a title this year, like a serious chance.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Well, we can ignore that debate, because the Lakers will still suck next year, so the Lakers will neither rise anew as a giant nor return to their domination..

·
Registered
84 Posts
LakerLunatic said:
If you go on the Mavs forum i have posted 2 threads about how this team is 100% the sleeper going into the Playoffs and they have a serious chance of winning a title this year, like a serious chance.
Aww, so you admit we're the sleeping giants? :biggrin:

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LuckyAC said:
Well, we can ignore that debate, because the Lakers will still suck next year, so the Lakers will neither rise anew as a giant nor return to their domination..

Haha ya the Lakers will suck, coming from a guy with pictures of Andre Kirilenko and Carlos Boozer on his Avatar. Ya, the Jazz did so well this year huh? And im sure there posed to make a HUGE dent in the west next season.

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya Dallas is tight man, they can win it all this year and im gonna go for them in the west. One reason is because they never attempted to bring harm to my Lakers, and also because i love how they have improved there all around game.

NBA Champs 04/05...Dallas Mavericks baby.

The heat can choke on those nuts.

Reactions: Tyrellaphonte

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Not a good analogy for Lakers... As someone stated... The Roman Empire sounds more fitting.

Anyways, I too do have the feeling that we will see Dirk Nowitski with a ring this season when everything is said and done.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
LuckyAC said:
How can you predict the Lakers will suck next season in early April?

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
I think it's safe to say that this will be a long offseason for Lakers fans. I feel your pain, see every offseason from 98 to 2004.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
I think it's safe to say that this will be a long offseason for Lakers fans. I feel your pain, see every offseason from 98 to 2004.
Indeed, props bro. I don't think I could stay sane for that long without at least one postseason appearance. I'm damn happy the Bulls will make it this year.

·
Premium Member
26,979 Posts
EHL said:
How can you predict the Lakers will suck next season in early April?
Yeah, I'll have to second that. Even if the Lakers don't win the draft lottery (as if the WWEBA would let that happen) there's a good chance that Chris Taft will float to them, and John Gilchrist should be available at the end of the first (so that they can snag him with the Miami pick). That alone will make them a much better team next year. Of course, if Jackson's really coming back it wouldn't surprise me to see them draft Luther Head with the Miami pick.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts