Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's deja vu all over again. I'm watching an exciting URI/Xavier basketball game on TV, when late in the second half one of the players on the team that's behind (URI) deliberately fouls an opposing player with a hit to the head. Just like in the NU/Vermont game, it's hard to tell the foul was on purpose (the announcers even speculated it was accidental) until you saw the replay. Then there was no question the URI kid deliberately hit the Xavier kid in the face. Like with the NU player, the refs throw the URI kid out of the game.

But here the plot differs. Unlike Ron Everheart, who did nothing but protest the call against Barnes, Baron, the URI coach, gets in the middle of his players and spends about two minutes blasting all of them because one had committed such a stupid and cheap foul.

It's the difference between a coach with class and a coach with no class.

P.S. Everheart not only doesn't sit out Barnes, he starts him in the next game. That's sending the right message, Ron.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by <b>buhoops</b>!
Then there was no question the URI kid deliberately hit the Xavier kid in the face. Like with the NU player, the refs throw the URI kid out of the game.

Oh, that's right. Barnes got thrown out of that game.

hmmm...

Please people.

There's no way you can say with certainty by watching the UVM-NU game that Barnes hit Hehn over the head intentionally.

I'm not saying he didn't. I just don't think you can assume by watching the video that you have evidence that he did. The replay looks bad for Barnes. That's it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Phanatic...you can if you have an automatic anti NU bias. buhoops is one of the trhee morons that get their
jollies bashing NU. He did it all last year until the moderator finally said get a life and find another subject. He thinks Barea hasn't matured over this past year. Apparrently he hasn't either.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Understanding that buhoops is a bigot brings a lot of things into focus. Maybe thats why he has so many problems with our black and hispanic players. Maybe that explains why Barea (hispanic) draws a stupid shoving technical last year and all we heard was "punk". Groc (white guy) does the same thing for BU and there is no outrage. So, fast forward to this year. A black NU player falls on a white Vermont player and all of a sudden the black guy is "smashing the white guys face into the floor." For buhoops to whine about all the black guys punching out white guys speaks volumes. Oh well....maybe he's from Mississippi.

Moderator....you were right to delete the string where buhoops complains about all the black players punching white players.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
NU Grad - you are equally as bad

buhoops was way out of line but NU Grad....

You are just as bad.

Instead of just letting it lie you have to bring it back to the surface and try to instigate some more trouble.

Grow up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>NUGrad</b>!
Understanding that buhoops is a bigot brings a lot of things into focus. Maybe thats why he has so many problems with our black and hispanic players. Maybe that explains why Barea (hispanic) draws a stupid shoving technical last year and all we heard was "punk". Groc (white guy) does the same thing for BU and there is no outrage. So, fast forward to this year. A black NU player falls on a white Vermont player and all of a sudden the black guy is "smashing the white guys face into the floor." For buhoops to whine about all the black guys punching out white guys speaks volumes. Oh well....maybe he's from Mississippi.

Moderator....you were right to delete the string where buhoops complains about all the black players punching white players.
First of all, Moderator, fair's fair. If you're going to allow these posts that misrepresent what my original message said AFTER you deleted it, you should repost the message. In that message I pointed out three similarities in the three recent cheap-shot incidents, only one of which was the race of those involved.

Second, let's get the facts straight. I'm not from Mississippi. Not only am I not a bigot, I'm a card-carrying member of the ACLU, and I'm willing to wager whatever amount NUGrad and NU Hoops want to put up that I've done more over the years to help promote racial equality than the two of them put together.

Third, I abhor cheap shots and dirty play by any player: white, black, brown, or green.

Fourth, Barea's a punk not because he's Hispanic and not because of a single shoving incident. He has a history of repeated incidents, including constant mouthing off to the refs, taunting of opposing players (ask Daniel Daccarrett who's from Peru what Barea said in Spanish that caused Daccarrett to try and go after Barea), taking cheap shots and a variety of other inappropriate actions (for example, patting an opposing player on the *** after he misses a free throw, sticking his head into opposing team's huddle, etc.) And all that is in less than two seasons!

Finally, it stands to reason that those like NU Hoops and NUGrad who post cheap shots and who make excuses for punks don't have any problem with Husky players who take cheap shots and who are punks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
buhoopsbigot....you have the balls to say you're not a bigot after pointing out that all of the suckerpunching that you mentioned was BY black players AGAINST white players!!!! I would be deeply offended if I was black. You think its appropriate. What does that make you?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>NUGrad</b>!
buhoopsbigot....you have the balls to say you're not a bigot after pointing out that all of the suckerpunching that you mentioned was BY black players AGAINST white players!!!! I would be deeply offended if I was black. You think its appropriate. What does that make you?
A truth teller.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NUGradmoron...According to your "logic," the following are all racist statements: The 9/11 hijackers were Arabs; the Mafia are mostly Italian; the Klu Klux Klan are all white; all the teenagers who shot up high schools in recent years were white; our prison population has a high percentage of blacks.

And you're an NU graduate? It just proves that even if a moron goes to college, he's still a moron.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Chicanery

If I had to worry about being dirty I wouldn't worry about shrek or the mule. The princess is the real evil one. To change from a hotty to a toad like that??? Wow! Now that's dirty and as low as you can get in my book.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.