1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crawford,Curry,Robinson

for

Dunleavy Jr, Pietrus, Dampier

Of course that leaves us thin at PG/SG for next season but either a FA signing or our 1st rd pick should correct that.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very much so.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Wow that is thinking out of the box. I dunno if I like it or I hate it. Dampier is doing his best Ben Wallace impersonation this year, and is playing out of his mind.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you think about what team we would have for next season after this trade for a minute it is not bad at all.

Hinrich
Pietrus
Dunleavy Jr
Chandler
Dampier

Bench:

Davis
JYD
Pippen
Gill
Blount
Dupree
1st rd pick
Brunson

And that still leaves two spots. A lot of inside muscle on this team. A super young PG and a very versatile SF in addition to a young stud defender at SG in Pietrus plus whatever we would draft. Maybe Ben Gordon.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
b80, that trade in theory might net us the best defensive squad in the league. Kirk, Pietrus in backcourt and Tyson and Dampier in front court, backed up by JYD and AD. Dunleavy jr. and Dupree at the 3. Possibly another MLE player.

We wouldn't score much though, but it is a nice defensive squad.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
It works on trade checker. You're right, that's a wacky trade. I get the idea that neither franchise would do it. But there is value on both sides of the deal.

There's a contract problem on each side. First off, GS still has Nick Van Exel at the point guard. He has a player option next year (will he accept - it's for 11.8 million) and a team option the year after (the Warriors will not accept unless they kiss and decide to be friends by then). Where are they going to play Crawford next year, off the bench behind NVE and JRich? This trade would work better for GS if they knew Van Exel was out after this year.

This trade would leave a big hole at SF for the Warriors. Why don't you post this trade on the Warriors board and see what they say.

On the Bulls side, Dampier's contract has a player option at the end of this year, and unlike Nick, he's having a career year. He might be better served severing his ties at the end of this year and signing a 5 or 6 year deal. He's set to make 8.1 next year and 8.7 the year after if he decides to keep with his deal. By the way, he's 29 this year.

Chicago trades: SF Eddie Robinson (5.9 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 18.3 minutes)
C Eddy Curry (12.4 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 27.0 minutes)
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.8 minutes)
Chicago receives: C Erick Dampier (11.7 ppg, 11.4 rpg, 0.7 apg in 32.0 minutes)
SG Mickael Pietrus (2.7 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 7.4 minutes)
SF Mike Dunleavy (12.4 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 2.9 apg in 31.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -8.4 ppg, +8.0 rpg, and -3.4 apg.

Golden State trades: C Erick Dampier (11.7 ppg, 11.4 rpg, 0.7 apg in 32.0 minutes)
SG Mickael Pietrus (2.7 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 7.4 minutes)
SF Mike Dunleavy (12.4 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 2.9 apg in 31.7 minutes)
Golden State receives: SF Eddie Robinson (5.9 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 34 games)
C Eddy Curry (12.4 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 37 games)
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.5 apg in 42 games)
Change in team outlook: +8.4 ppg, -8.0 rpg, and +3.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Chicago and Golden State being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Chicago and Golden State had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1446623

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks SD for being open minded.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would you be more in favor of it if it was Jason Richardson instead of Pietrus?

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
I might be in favor of it anyway without JRich. It's an extremely interesting trade. I don't think GS would do it with JRich. I think they'll begin to look past their differences with him and build around him. If they make the trade, they're only bringing in young players to help him succeed, I think.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
It would certainly be more palatable that way. I'm simply not prepared to give up on Curry. Dampier is solid and playing like gangbusters right now but he is inconsistent too at times.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks DMD I too am okay with the trade with Pietrus instead of JRich. I like his game better because of his defensive abilities. I asked abotu JRich because ACE seemed so against my original trade.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I'm not with u on this one basghetti80

I'm not saying i wouldn't trade Curry,but any deal that involves him has got to be for the right price,and Dampier is not the man for me,i know he's been playing carrer bb at this stage,but he'll probably be gone next season with crazy demands.
Dunleavy is nice,but still,I'd consider him in a deal involving only JC,not EC.
Piertus has not been my cup of tea,and i don't think he'll make the impact people expect - my opinion Trenton Hassel at most.I've seen him play a lot in europe and he has never been an ofensive player,thats why i think not much more then Trent.

The thing i like the most about the deal is giving ERobs contract(and the player with it).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts