Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trade Dampier,Fortson, and the Warriors 2003 and 2004 1st picks to the Clippers for Michael Olowokandi, Sean Rooks (his contract is up in one year), and the Clippers' 2004 1st.
This trade seems great it get's rid of the plague (Dampier) and the only NBA player to cause injury to his teammates (Fortson), the Warriors get a top 5 center and a 2004 1st pick which shouldn't be that far from where their 1st would be anyways. So when you break it down it's the plague, the injuror, their 2003 1st, and a slight edge on 2004 1sts for Kandi whose a top 5 center and a slightly lower 04 1st (Rooks is a reletive non-factor).
So what do you think....it seems like it would help the Warriors both now and in the long run.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know about that one...

I'm not sold on Olowakandi. Dampier put up very similar numbers early in his career and now you consider him a plague. Kandi wants way too much money and I think the Warriors will need the money since they screwed up and gave Jamison the max. I'd rather see them hold on to Damp, since he still is decent, and trade Fortson for an expiring contract and maybe a pick. Damp and Fortson for Kandi might work, but 2 first rounders? Unless Kandi turns out to be a franchise player, that could set the Warriors back a couple years, and they're already pretty bad, record-wise that is. Also, I really like the idea being thrown around about playing Murphy at center. He'd nail 15 footers all day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts