Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
by my count only two of those players actually played in the a10.

i get the lou roe pick but if you're picking the best players from each program over all history how do you paper over dr. j?

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Does seem odd. Only Roe and Belcher actually played in the Eastern 8 or A-10. Belcher was a fine player, but there would be plenty of more deserving choices from Bona, especially if you are choosing over the entire history of the program.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Probably saving a few big names for next year. It also sounds like they are going to try to get "legends" to come to a ceremony at the A10 tournament, so it may depend to some extent on who is able to make it for that.

Maxwell would certainly be the top player for Charlotte.

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
Obviously, playing or coaching in the A-10 was not a requirement for this honor. Even so, I would only have included Coach Chaney and Tom Gola with an honorable mention to Lou Roe.

The others, not so much!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Probably saving a few big names for next year. It also sounds like they are going to try to get "legends" to come to a ceremony at the A10 tournament, so it may depend to some extent on who is able to make it for that.

Maxwell would certainly be the top player for Charlotte.
There are a few guys who are definitely *not* going to make it.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
by my count only two of those players actually played in the a10.

i get the lou roe pick but if you're picking the best players from each program over all history how do you paper over dr. j?
I don't have a problem with it. Roe had post-season success, helped lead the team to it's first ever #1 national ranking, etc.

May not be "the best", but certainly had a large enough impact to warrant it.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I thought URIs selection should have gone to hall of farmer Frank Keaney

·
Premium Member
17,902 Posts
I would have thought it would have meant "while they were in the A-10"...but that kinda makes it hard for newer teams to be involved.

Bonner for SLU is about the best I could think of.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Great honor for Cornbread to be included in this I guess but I really do wish they would've just left Charlotte out of it considering this is our final season in the A-10 and we really haven't done anything of note or impactful in the conference. I have enjoyed our time here though even though we've been bad especially the last few years and hate to be leaving looking at what we are moving to in the new C-USA.

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
I would have thought it would have meant "while they were in the A-10"...but that kinda makes it hard for newer teams to be involved.

Bonner for SLU is about the best I could think of.
Not Bob Pettit?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts