Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the A10 has a deal with CBS Sports which isn't terribly exciting for the non CBS National broadcasts but how is the coverage via the internet for road games. Do most schools have a live feed or are a large portion of games available on ESPN3?

A lot of the VCU fans get together at local drinking establishments to watch the road games, just want to see how easy that will be this year compared to the CAA

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I don't recall any ESPN3 games last season.

Most schools have feeds through CBS All Access. Most of them require payment.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't recall any ESPN3 games last season.

Most schools have feeds through CBS All Access. Most of them require payment.
Unfortunately I thought that might be the case. Good thing we have an excellent local bar that pays for every feed if they are available. We had some standing room only crowds last year to watch a crappy feed with horrible sound and some of the worst homer announcers you've ever heard!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The coverage in this conference is atrocious. You'll have better luck finding a live stream of A-10 games from a spectator's smartphone than you will of the game being covered by CBS/ESPN/Comcast SportsNet or any other sports programming entity.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Unfortunately I thought that might be the case. Good thing we have an excellent local bar that pays for every feed if they are available. We had some standing room only crowds last year to watch a crappy feed with horrible sound and some of the worst homer announcers you've ever heard!
I've heard some pretty terrible homer announcers before.

Hopefully we can work out a better deal when this one expires, because it's dreadful.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I know the A10 has a deal with CBS Sports which isn't terribly exciting for the non CBS National broadcasts but how is the coverage via the internet for road games. Do most schools have a live feed or are a large portion of games available on ESPN3?

A lot of the VCU fans get together at local drinking establishments to watch the road games, just want to see how easy that will be this year compared to the CAA
A lot of the games from those pay services end up on the websites with video streaming. If you don't mind "borrowing" the video and also the risk of adware etc., you can visit a few different ones looking for the video, like firstrowsports, vipbox tv, stream2watch, among others. You might be able to talk some of the local sports bars to tap into a pay or free link, if only on a side tv.

They've cracked down a bit on that the last few years, but you can still often find a number of the A10 games on there. Three years ago or so, you could find almost every single A10 game online, but hardly any A10 games on t.v.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Living in China where bandwidth is sparse for home accounts, even using the sketchy sites is iffy. And of course the Great Firewall slows things down for foreign sites. Just getting a feed up on firstrowsports or whatever is an incredible feat. I had to listen to most of the games last season on good ol' WHIO radio.

I love their shameless homer announcers, though. And it keeps me current on what intelligence-insulting political commentators (a phrase I use very loosely) are up to.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have a few bars in town that will readily pay for the feed and shot it on all of their tvs and projectors.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The games video streamed at Bonas was very well done and it was free. The formula was simple, students from the School of Journalism & Mass Communications and Professors were involved in the production. A donation multiple years ago of van used for sports coverage and media is also available for "SBU-TV". Last year the streaming was free due to a donation by multiple alumni (they got free advertising for their business). Therefore, every home game (men and women) except for the games broadcast by CBS were streamed with excellent results.

The broadcasters and color commentators were not the typical "homers". They did a really good job. Our color commentator, who was a professor at the school, and brother of the AD, sadly passed away during the spring. Hopefully this link will get you to the correct page to view a game. My favorite is the double overtime victory versus St Joes (I have watched it multiple time, and it is one of the better college games).

http://gobonnies.cstv.com/allaccess/

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Hopefully you get the chance to listen to the award winning Ray Goss.

Reactions: SpiderDave19
1 - 13 of 13 Posts