Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Yikes... Umass at 11 only 2 spots above my Dukes. Didnt expect that. Charlotte at 5 is a surprise based on preseason predictions. After seeing a bit of VCU tonight they look pretty darn good.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Yikes... Umass at 11 only 2 spots above my Dukes. Didnt expect that. Charlotte at 5 is a surprise based on preseason predictions. After seeing a bit of VCU tonight they look pretty darn good.
Not surprising at all. Umass has looked less than stellar so far, and if they don't find some rhythm soon, they are going to drop even more.

·
Registered
611 Posts
The quality of play from 7-14 is pretty strong. I dont think URI is an automatic loss in A-10 play, and if Fordham can get a healthy Gaston they won't be either...Love the depth at the bottom

·
Resident Arachnid of the MPT
21,701 Posts
If Richmond is truly 10th best, then this conference is scary good.

·
Registered
727 Posts
How about the number 9 team with an RPI of 38 and a 6-1 record...

Charlotte is good but not number 5.. They need to start playing good teams first

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
This league has no elite teams though. There are no teams that should be top 15 in the country. What we have is a bunch of solid programs in the 25-65 range. I think that is a strength but as the season goes on and no one is ranked it will not help the league's publicity. IF VCU, Butler and Temple could get ranked it would do wonders for publicity this year.

Nice to have only 4 teams over 150 in RPI. Six teams between 20 and 68 in RPI.

I also think Duquesne will finish with and RPI just under 150.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts

Charlotte is good but not number 5.. They need to start playing good teams first
The road win at Davidson was good. But even with that and my green-tinted glasses, 5 does seem high. I'd put the Niners around 7 - 9, with the potential to move up quickly if they keep winning.

It does say something that they have yet to drop a game against even mediocre teams. Most teams have a letdown at some point (CCSU, Weber St., Vanderbilt, etc.). So it is worth something to sail through an easy schedule.

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
No question. Charlotte deserves props to be at 8-0. I wouldn't have a problem if they were ranked higher than 5th right now, as it's no small feat to beat everyone you're "supposed to" beat early in the season.

·
Registered
431 Posts
It does say something that they have yet to drop a game against even mediocre teams. Most teams have a letdown at some point (... Weber St ..., etc.). So it is worth something to sail through an easy schedule.
Excuse me but Weber St is projected better in the RPI than every team Charlotte has played this year. I can understand why some peple don't like Muddy but his X detractors are not a good source for info either.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Excuse me but Weber St is projected better in the RPI than every team Charlotte has played this year. I can understand why some peple don't like Muddy but his X detractors are not a good source for info either.
Weber St was a bad loss cause it was at home, but Weber St isn't going to be an RPI killer at the end of the year. They were picked Top 2 in their conf and they win 27 games last year.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I think power rankings should be wieghted more on what the team has done so far and their most recent games rather than on where they are projected to finish. Charlotte at 5 is fine with me and I agree that a little higher would not bother me either.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Yea, we need to beat the Weber States, the Vanderbilts, and the Pacifics before we can be ranked that high.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
I think power rankings should be wieghted more on what the team has done so far and their most recent games rather than on where they are projected to finish. Charlotte at 5 is fine with me and I agree that a little higher would not bother me either.
I agree with this. I don't think Charlotte will finish top 5 but hard to have them lower then that right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
GW falls 65-62 to K St

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Dayton should not have lost to them at home, they're not projected to be top 100 (not really projected that much better than Oral Roberts so far, and that was a neutral court), i.e. it was a bad loss. I think the point still stands.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Dayton should not have lost to them at home, they're not projected to be top 100 (not really projected that much better than Oral Roberts so far, and that was a neutral court), i.e. it was a bad loss. I think the point still stands.
Sorry but your point was that you didn't have any losses as bad as Weber State ad my point is you haven't played anyone as good as them to lose to. Guess Dayton should be top 25 because we haven't lost to a top 25 team.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Sorry but your point was that you didn't have any losses as bad as Weber State ad my point is you haven't played anyone as good as them to lose to. Guess Dayton should be top 25 because we haven't lost to a top 25 team.
No, the point was that Charlotte didn't have any losses at all. Charlotte won all the games they were supposed to so far. Dayton didn't. Do you really think Weber St. isn't a bad loss at home?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts