Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the way we played today does anyone think that we could get deep into the playoffs?

ESPN and ABC with the exception of Mark Jackson really piss me off. Why is everyone thinking that the Heat and Pistons are going to be a key matchup in the Eastern Conference finals. They think that no one could Stop the Heat with Shaq and the Pistons... eww there is no recognition of the Nets from watching the knicks and heat have right now. ABC said that we won only 1 game against the Heat. Hello, we won 2 games and 1 game early in the season should have been a win.ABC also mentioned that we can't get another stretch with the winning streak with the way our bench is playing. Hello, our bench has been very productive for the past couple of games.

If we win all the games we have for the next 8 games then well we could be threat to Detriot and Miami. Tommorow's game may be a sneak preview for the 1st round of the playoffs. We better win tommorow.

· Registered
2,287 Posts
people dont give us love or a chance because:
1- we dont play great D like detroit
2- we dont have shaq
3- we've been inconsistant all year
4- we play in new jersey

· Registered
1,063 Posts
To put it simply, it is most experts' beliefs that good big man and defense wins the championship. Pistons have two great big men and very good backcourt, one of the best defense in the league, and experience of winning championships. So its no brainer that they would be regarded very higly.
As for heat its simply because of shaq and wade. Shaq and wade combo reminds people of Shaq and kobe combo during Lakers Dyanasty with Shaq being a dominant figure in nba.
Nets SHOULD be in 3rd place with just as much talent as these two teams but we do not have big name valued big man. Like it or not, Krstic is only a big name among nets fans. To other team fans he is just good or ok player.
Realistically I would have to say Detroit would also be favorite to win east but I say we are pretty much on par against Heat.

· Registered
6,449 Posts
NetsanityJoe said:
people dont give us love or a chance because:
1- we dont play great D like detroit
2- we dont have shaq
3- we've been inconsistant all year
4- we play in new jersey
Yup. You pretty much summed it all up. NJ gets no respect I tell ya. The Nets are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NBA. Even when they went to the Finals for back-to-back years I don't think they still got the credit they deserved then.

· Registered
8,413 Posts
howver out of the two elites in the east, i think we have a good shot against miami. krstic will be getting uncontested shots almost all day(thanks to shaq not wanting to guard bigs that can shoot), vc has proven that he can score against them thanks to eddie jones' departure, and they cant guard the pick and roll (which we use effectively). the only threats is wade, williams, haslem and walker(of course, all of them can be a handful). shaq too but his defense is atrocious when facing krstic. also our lack of bigs means less fouling on shaq.

· Registered
8,452 Posts
Did anyone see the graphic they put up during the game that showed the eastern conference playoff race? It listed all the teams and records and how many games back. They had the Nets in third place, but they listed their record as 37-38! Not 37-28. Talk about no respect! I know mistakes happen, BUT IT WAS A NETS GAME! You would think they would get that right.

Almost as bad as earlier in the season when they said the Pistons hadn't lost to a top team in the east and we had beaten them a couple weeks prior. Now last night on ESPN they say we only beat the Heat once. That's some sloppy ****. Who does their fact checking? When you are the top sports broadcaster in the nation, and you have people dedicated to fact checking and these are the results, I think it's time to clean house.

· Registered
3,195 Posts
To be fair, most teams shorten their bench to 7-8 guys anyway.

In any case, if Krstic can provide the scoring he has been doing so far, Nets will be players in the finals...I didn't see this much of an effort from Krstic so quickly...it has made a huge difference...

· Registered
954 Posts
To be fair, nets ARE the underdog in a matchup with miami or detroit. Does that mean nets can't win? of course not. Nets can hold their ground with both those teams. But you have to be honest that nets are not the clear cut winner in a series against either team also.

· Registered
205 Posts
well agreed that they don't get respect from abc, espn, and co.
but other teams do respect us. it's not as if they think we're a pushover, and if they have any doubt, then well jkidd, and the rest will prove them wrong.

... but for my fellow conspiracy theorists, dwell on this.
abc and espn, are owned by disney. disney world is in florida. the heat play in florida.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

· Registered
1,669 Posts
yea the heat dont scare me come on please whens the last time they played a good game? 17 games ago!! and they lost to the nets!! as far as the pistons go!! we can compete but to beat in a 7 game series Vince has to average 40+ and even that may not beat them crap even 50+ might not!!!!!!

· VAUDEVILLE VILLAIN
8,816 Posts
squaleca said:
yea the heat dont scare me come on please whens the last time they played a good game? 17 games ago!! and they lost to the nets!! as far as the pistons go!! we can compete but to beat in a 7 game series Vince has to average 40+ and even that may not beat them crap even 50+ might not!!!!!!
arent the heat like 9-1 in their last 10. they are playing really well i think

· Registered
2,856 Posts
ChemicalCutthroat said:
arent the heat like 9-1 in their last 10. they are playing really well i think

Heat now have won 15 out of their last 16 games.

· Registered
8,634 Posts
Pistons will be in the Conference finals whether you like it or not.

Miami is a different story. They can gather all the media attention they want. But it means nothing until you beat teams in the playoffs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.