Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told you that Bill Walton would most likley make the jump... now he is the lead analyst for the ABC shows.

I forget the other guy with Walton, but I warned people he'd get the call when they jumped networks.

Tom Tolbert also jumped with him and is doing the ESPN broadcasts. I forgot who his partner was.

They said Charles Barkley would have been a candidate, but he resigned with TNT. Damnit Charles!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Walton and Tolbert are HORRIBLE.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by RetroDreams
I told you that Bill Walton would most likley make the jump... now he is the lead analyst for the ABC shows.

I forget the other guy with Walton, but I warned people he'd get the call when they jumped networks.

Tom Tolbert also jumped with him and is doing the ESPN broadcasts. I forgot who his partner was.

They said Charles Barkley would have been a candidate, but he resigned with TNT. Damnit Charles!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Triple whammy. One bad dream, and I'm not waking up anytime soon.

[NBC]
BW - the overstatement king, often says things that are just plain silly, OMG he found another job! I was hoping he got exiled to beach volleyball again or something
TT - can you say TOOL? typical role player who speaks as if he's a lot better than he actually was (see Kenny Smith, Jack Haley, John Salley, etc)

[TNT]
Sir C - I actually liked this guy until recently he's shown himself to be selfish, racist, and utterly vitriolic. but hey.. that's Charles.

VD

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I believe Brad Nessler and Mike Tirico will be the pbp men. I always enjoyed Marv Albert despite his choice of underwear, too bad he won't make the jump. I hate Bill Walton as an announcer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Bill Walton is horrible

I haven't liked BW since well before the 2000 NCAA Tournament, but the 2000 Tournament elite 8 game between The Illini and Zona, which his son was on that team, he said about Lucas Johnnson "There's just no place for that in basketball".

Walton is a tool, but he is about 50x better than Isiah Thomas was at announcing.

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Bill Walton is the bane of my existence!!!

1) He has so little intelligent insight.

2) He uses the same obnoxious phrases over and over and over, like "Throw it down, Big Man! Throw it down!" Shut the #@!$ up, Walton!!! If I ever have to hear that line again... :upset:

3) He's unabashedly in bed with the Lakers. After listening to him for most of the playoffs, I nearly peed in my pants the first time I heard him criticize that team from L.A. I think it finally happened around game 4 of the Finals. Geez. Whichever station is currently employing this Lakers-idolizer, they need to simultaneously employ a Lakers-hater. Applications, anyone? ;)

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Re: Bill Walton is the bane of my existence!!!

Oops, nevermind this post. Just read the last one again. :D

·
Train Em While Young.....
3,628 Posts
Damn, what the hell does ESPN/ABC see in Walton. He's terrible, most people hate him. I am one of them. He is obnoxious, and has no basketball insight. Ahhh! I hate him so much!!! :upset:

·
Registered
219 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Re: Bill Walton is horrible

Originally posted by the_disco_pimp
I haven't liked BW since well before the 2000 NCAA Tournament, but the 2000 Tournament elite 8 game between The Illini and Zona, which his son was on that team, he said about Lucas Johnnson "There's just no place for that in basketball".

Walton is a tool, but he is about 50x better than Isiah Thomas was at announcing.
Isiah was a bad announcer, bad business man (killed the cba), okay gm (didn't do too bad in toronto), ? coach (jury is still out), but your just bitter because the pistons owned the bulls in the 80's and the only reason why the pistons didn't own bulls at least a couple of years in the 90's was because how they changed the game for jordan (I mean you can't even deny that the nba hated the pistons and wanted the bulls to win. The nba has always loved jordan and wanted him to win they were calling the game the way jordan wanted it called) also by then the pistons were getting old. Anyways just happy to see the bulls getting better the same time the pistons are hopefully that should provide some interesting playoff series. The pistons fans just need another reason to hate these bulls maybe you could have chandler throw a ball at ben wallace umm never mind one punch and tc is history.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
OR BETTER YET.....

Originally posted by Songcycle
Time to learn the players numbers and put the TV on mute.
Turn off the sound on the tv and tune in am 1000 and turn UP The BULLS announcers!!!:grinning:

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, that's it.

For the ABC games, it will be Brad Nessler and Bill Walton, while the ESPN games will be done by Mike Tirico and Tom Tolbert.

Can you say ouch?

I'd rather have Dickey V and Stuart Scott doing them together. At least they'd be funny.

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Re: OR BETTER YET.....

Originally posted by BamaBull

Turn off the sound on the tv and tune in am 1000 and turn UP The BULLS announcers!!!:grinning:
You got that right! Bring in da Funk!

Except they don't cover games for the rest of the league...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts