Ruben Patterson
Sergei Monya
Joel Przybilla
Steve Blake

Blazers Receive:

Tony Battie
Hedo Turkoglu

Just sayin' :raised_ey
put down the cranberry and step away from the keyboard ABM..

that is an absolutely HORRENDOUS trade.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Re: ABM's Turkey Day Trade Idea..

ABM said:
(after December 15th)

Blazers Trade: (to Orlando)

Ruben Patterson
Sergei Monya
Joel Przybilla
Steve Blake

Blazers Receive:

Tony Battie
Hedo Turkoglu

That Reminds me, one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving is sitting arounf the fireplace at my folks hous partaking in good red wine with my family.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hap said:
put down the cranberry and step away from the keyboard ABM..

that is an absolutely HORRENDOUS trade.

Not really. Battie(C) and Turkoglu(SF) are both starters. Plus, I'm on the Joel "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" Przybilla bandwagon. :yes:

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts

ABM said:
Not really. Battie(C) and Turkoglu(SF) are both starters. Plus, I'm on the Joel "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" Przybilla bandwagon. :yes:
it's an 82 game season, you don't trade players because they've done so-so in 10 of them.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hap said:
it's an 82 game season, you don't trade players because they've done so-so in 10 of them.

So, state your specific problem with it, then.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

ABM said:
(after December 15th)

Blazers Trade: (to Orlando)

Ruben Patterson
Sergei Monya
Joel Przybilla
Steve Blake

Blazers Receive:

Tony Battie
Hedo Turkoglu

Wow. Just... WOW!

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts

ABM said:
So, state your specific problem with it, then.
well, for starters:

I wouldn't trade Ruben ALONE for Hedo and Battie.

I definetly wouldn't include our starting C (and only other C on the team) for a SF and a weak PF.

I wouldn't include Monia, a guy who's starting to play good and showing he has good range on his jumper.

and I really wouldn't trade *4* PLAYERS for basically Hedo. He doesn't provide us anything that we need (he's basically not worth much) and makes our team incredibly thin at PF and C (battie isn't worth squat)..what happens if Theo gets hurt? Or Zach?

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I'm gonna go hang out with the grandson. HE loves me! :yes: ;)

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

sorry ABM Hap is right. this trade is horrendous. hedo is hedont and battie is worse then joel by leaps and bounds? were do we improve? its like giving monia and pryz away. I know that priz is still getting alot of blocks this year even though he isnt playing as much

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

BlazerFanFoLife said:
sorry ABM Hap is right. this trade is horrendous. hedo is hedont and battie is worse then joel by leaps and bounds? were do we improve? its like giving monia and pryz away. I know that priz is still getting alot of blocks this year even though he isnt playing as much
OK, so I've just been checking out recent boxscores. :whoknows:

As I said, I'm still not totally sold on Joel, nor his "seeming" desire to stay here. Ruben needs to go. Monya will be OK, but Hedo has been lighting it up as of late. I think he'd do well in Nate's system. He "can" be a very good outside shooter. Blake is a throw-in. Battie has been a solid starting Center for Orlando and would be an adequate backup the Theo and Zach.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Hap said:
makes our team incredibly thin at PF and C (battie isn't worth squat)..what happens if Theo gets hurt? Or Zach?
That's what we have Ha for!

Seriously, though, guys it IS a pretty lopsided affair...the more I "really" look at it.

OK, let 'em just waive Ruben, then. :yes:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

Hedo will not fit in here. he is a good 1 vs 1 player for a orlando team with little offensive options. he doesnt play defence and thats why the kings let him go. I dont want him. he also needs lots of time to produce if he isnt getting time his confidence will go down and he wont play well

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

BlazerFanFoLife said:
Hedo will not fit in here. he is a good 1 vs 1 player for a orlando team with little offensive options. he doesnt play defence and thats why the kings let him go.....
That's interesting. Here all this time I thought all Euros were touted as playing good (at least, decent) defense?

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

OK, I'm back and FRESH! Here's my Thanksgiving morn wacky offering: :D

Portland Trades (to NY):

Theo Ratliff
Ruben Patterson
Sebastian Telfair
Juan Dixon

Portland Receives:

Antonio Davis
Jamal Crawford
Channing Frye
Nate Robinson

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts

ABM said:
OK, I'm back and FRESH! Here's my Thanksgiving morn wacky offering: :D

Portland Trades (to NY):

Theo Ratliff
Ruben Patterson
Sebastian Telfair
Juan Dixon

Portland Receives:

Antonio Davis
Jamal Crawford
Channing Frye
Nate Robinson
thats even worse.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts

ABM said:
for starters, the Knicks aren't going to trade Channing Frye AND Jamal Crawford. If they aren't willing (as the rumors suggest) to include Frye in a trade for KG, why would they for a trade involving the group you included?

Trading Theo for Antonio wouldn't be a bad thing, but why would the Knicks trade a player who's even more limited offensively than Davis is, who's contract is 2 years longer?

Trading Dixon wouldn't be horrible, especially if Monia and Webster start showing signs..but why trade Telfair? especially considering what they're getting in return. A player (crawford) who's streaky, and very shot happy, and a volume shooter/scorer.

andt hen we get a gimmicky PG in Robinson?

Again, put down the cranberry sauce, pick up the grandson, and step away from the keyboard.

;)

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Hap said:
Again, put down the cranberry sauce, pick up the grandson, and step away from the keyboard.

;)
Hap, I just love getting those little rises out of you......and, for that matter, watch while Ed does the same. You're so........so....responsive. ;)

It's all good, though. Rubes will end up having to "fit in." He'll end the season as a Blazer, then, next summer, when his contract is a bit more palatable to other teams, he "might" be moved.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts

ABM said:
Hap, I just love getting those little rises out of you......and, for that matter, watch while Ed does the same. You're so........so....responsive. ;)
so in essence..you're admitting to baiting me!?

MODS! OFF WITH HIS keyboard!

It's all good, though. Rubes will end up having to "fit in." He'll end the season as a Blazer, then, next summer, when his contract is a bit more palatable to other teams, he "might" be moved.
I think ruben will continually put his foot in his mouth, and the team will just not play him.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts