Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since he 's having problems with his current team how would you guys like to see him in a Memphis jersey.

I don't know what has gone wrong with Davis and the Cavaliers but he is a guy at 6'7 who can play the 2 guard and the 3 position. He can score in this league averaging a little over 19 per game.

His contract is 34 mil for 6 years. In todays NBA market, a guy who can average close to 20 per game can probably get more. There are worst players than him averaging less and making more money. Take a look at Eddie Robinson. He plays for the Bulls and his contract is almost the same and he only gets 4 points per game. Even Tim Thomas gets paid somewhere between 40 and 50 mil and he only averages a little over twelve per game.

What do you think?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Who would you give up? They won't give up a 20 point scorer for some reserves, they are going to be asking for the goods. And I doubt Memphis wants to give up on the goods

(goods = gasol and gooden)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Really wanna give up those 2 for Davis? If I'm Memphis, I don't make any deals. I grab a bonafide swingman in the draft (like Lebron or Carmelo) and be happy with a deep bench.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Detroit's Pick

I think Detroit's gets Memphis pick if it's not the first overall. And if that's the case then Memphis will probably not get a pick in the first round. There lies the problem.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
If the trade ever happens, I'd probably be a Jwill and Ricky Davis trade. The Cavs need a PG, and Jwill is exactly what they need. I think Memphis will do okay with Watson, who is a decent player. Ricky Davis may be exactly what this team needs: a scorer.

Of course, if we're VERY lucky, we might get a Watson+Dickerson for Ricky Davis trade. In which case, the Cavs get totally ripped off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would love to see Davis in a Grizz jersey. We need an athletic swingman. I can't even imagine what we'd give up though. There's too many options. I hope West looks at these kinda site's, and get's some ideas brewing.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
ricky davis would be a great addition for most nba teams, although i think he's significantly shorter than his listed height (pretty sure he's around 6'5) his athleticism ranks as one of the best in the nba. he's a great scorer and can create for himself. giving up stromile is an option as the cavs need a pf. do you think the future lineup of gasol, gooden, and swift has a future? or does one of these pfs have to go eventually?

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Re: Detroit's Pick

Originally posted by <b>Mr Black</b>!
I think Detroit's gets Memphis pick if it's not the first overall. And if that's the case then Memphis will probably not get a pick in the first round. There lies the problem.
Actually, they get they get the Rocket's first rounder this year, so be hoping for them to lose just like the Pistons fans are hoping we lose.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Originally posted by <b>GeorgiaNets</b>!
Really wanna give up those 2 for Davis? If I'm Memphis, I don't make any deals. I grab a bonafide swingman in the draft (like Lebron or Carmelo) and be happy with a deep bench.

My proposal was a deal built around 1 or the other not both.

I would love to do a Stro for Davis Swap BTW.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts