9:30 p.m. ET Miami at Michigan ESPN2

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

7:00 p.m. ET Georgia Tech at Michigan State ESPN
7:30 p.m. ET Minnesota at Maryland ESPN2
8:00 p.m. ET Northwestern at Virginia ESPNU
9:00 p.m. ET Duke at Indiana ESPN
9:30 p.m. ET North Carolina State at Iowa ESPN2

ACC-Big 10 Pick'em Contest
Same prizes as for the tournament pick'em games. 1st place gets 5,000. 2nd gets 3,000. 3rd gets 1,000. Tiebreakers go to whomever posts first. So, make your posts and enjoy the games.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Monday, November 28, 2005

7:30 p.m. ET Virginia Tech at Ohio State ESPN2

Tuesday, November 29, 2005
7:00 p.m. ET Wisconsin at Wake Forest ESPN
7:30 p.m. ET Purdue at Florida State ESPN2
8:00 p.m. ET Clemson at Penn State ESPNU
9:00 p.m. ET Illinois at North Carolina ESPN

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
No way the rebuilding Illini beat the rebuilding Tarheels on the road.. There's just no freakin way although I'd like to be wrong here, I just cant see the Illini winning. Well they have a chance I guess..

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
so will this be the first year that all 11 Big 10 teams will play this week in the challange? and now the ACC will have a team left out?

I would love to see a Big 12/SEC Challange or a ACC/Big 12 Challange or even a ACC/SEC challange. I would love to see the best 4 in Big 12, ACC, SEC and Big 10 versus the Big East. SInce there are so many people here think the Big East is best confernece, why not everyone there play the best of the rest?

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brian34Cook said:
No way the rebuilding Illini beat the rebuilding Tarheels on the road.. There's just no freakin way although I'd like to be wrong here, I just cant see the Illini winning. Well they have a chance I guess..
Please tell me you're joking, BC. Let me give an early final. Game 1: UNC 83, Gardner-Webb 80. But the UNC fans say, "Wait, wait wait. Look what the Heels did in their second game! They won 112-55." They beat Cleveland State, a team picked by many to finish 5th.... in the Horizon League. I'm not saying Illinois will win, especially considering the fact that it's in the Dean Dome, but they have a chance - a very good chance, IMO.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kansasalumn said:
so will this be the first year that all 11 Big 10 teams will play this week in the challange? and now the ACC will have a team left out?
The new kids on the block, BC, will be watching this year.

I would love to see the best 4 in Big 12, ACC, SEC and Big 10 versus the Big East. SInce there are so many people here think the Big East is best confernece, why not everyone there play the best of the rest?
If that had happened this season, the bottom 8 of the Big East would have gotten crushed.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
TM said:
I'm not saying Illinois will win, especially considering the fact that it's in the Dean Dome, but they have a chance - a very good chance, IMO.
Oh absolutely but the Illini havent exactly beat great teams.. South Dakota State, Texas Pan Am, Texas Southern, Wichita State (They were decent though!), and Rutgers today.. North Carolina may not be the team of last year but they are probably a lot like Illinois right now.. Unproven new team!

If this were any other place besides the Dean Dome, I'd like our chances. With that said there's a plus because of tonight's game.. Dee Brown only played 22 minutes (foul trouble) and he could have some more energy :clap:.. Augustine and Randle are playing great right now..

I just like doubting this young team the Illini have because they are unproven.. They have a lot of work to do.. If they can get their first true road game test with a win I'll feel a little better.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
I watched the UCSB-UNC game last night and UNC did a better job than I expected at taking care of the ball.That said they were extremely ragged against what appeared to be a very erratic and badly coached team in UCSB.Dee Brown is going to have an enormous advantage against anyone and everyone that UNC can put on the floor.I think that Carolina is going to have great difficulties in competing against the upper tier of the ACC,but I haven't seen Illinois play this year and frankly they do not seem to have impressed those who have.

·
The Baseball Guru
12,161 Posts
Complete Schedule:
7:30 p.m. ET Ohio State ESPN2

7:00 p.m. ET Wake Forest ESPN
7:30 p.m. ET Florida State ESPN2
8:00 p.m. ET Clemson ESPNU
9:00 p.m. ET Illinois ESPN
9:30 p.m. ET Miami ESPN2

7:00 p.m. ET Michigan State ESPN
7:30 p.m. ET Maryland ESPN2
8:00 p.m. ET Virginia ESPNU
9:00 p.m. ET Duke ESPN
9:30 p.m. ET Iowa ESPN2

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Ghost said:
Complete Schedule:
7:30 p.m. ET Ohio State ESPN2

7:00 p.m. ET Wake Forest ESPN
7:30 p.m. ET Florida State ESPN2
8:00 p.m. ET Clemson ESPNU
9:00 p.m. ET Illinois ESPN
9:30 p.m. ET Miami ESPN2

7:00 p.m. ET Michigan State ESPN
7:30 p.m. ET Maryland ESPN2
8:00 p.m. ET Virginia ESPNU
9:00 p.m. ET Duke ESPN
9:30 p.m. ET Iowa ESPN2
Thanks for the this, but TM already post it

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
kansasalumn said:
I would love to see the best 4 in Big 12, ACC, SEC and Big 10 versus the Big East. SInce there are so many people here think the Big East is best confernece, why not everyone there play the best of the rest?
It's quite obvious that your a typical Big 12 fan who has always had a stiffy for berating the Big East.

But what exactly is your point here. Do you think your idea will make those who think the Big East is the best silly? (and right now I am not conceding the best conference title to anyone personally) What is having 8 of the better schools in other conferences, beat up on NIT or non-NIT schools really going to prove. It's not going to prove that your right in your assessment of the Big East? But your idea does prove your hatred for the Big East.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
I could see it go either way, mainly because it's in Chapel Hill. UNC has been better than I have thought though, initially I penciled the game in as a loss when Dee Brown pulled out of the draft.The Heels PG's have been okay, but Dee Brown is a very good defender who will cause some problems there. Hansbrough has been fantastic and I think his matchup against Augustine should be a good one. Offensivley, Dee Brown hasn't been too great as a PG. He's better suited to play off the ball. Illinois doesn't go inside too much, so I think that help UNC b/c they have limited inside depth. I wouldn't give UNC much of a chance if it wasn't in Chapel Hill, but I still think Illinois has the clear advantage with Dee Brown against freshman Bobby Frasor. I'm trying to get ahold of some tickets for this one...

Anyway, my predictions:
OSU over VT
Wisconsin over Wake
Florida State over Perdue
Clemson over Penn State
Illinois over UNC
Michigan over Miami
MSU over GT
Maryland over Minnesota
Virginia over Nothwestern
Duke over Indiana
Iowa over NCSU
6-5 Big 10, this should be the closest in years

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
I have no hatred on Big East. I do think it is absurd to have a 16 team conference. Way too big. IT takes away from playing teams that have a history of playing each other every year. No hatred at all. I have more hatred on KSU and Missouri than a confenrece that is on the east coast.

JuniorNoboa said:
It's quite obvious that your a typical Big 12 fan who has always had a stiffy for berating the Big East.

But what exactly is your point here. Do you think your idea will make those who think the Big East is the best silly? (and right now I am not conceding the best conference title to anyone personally) What is having 8 of the better schools in other conferences, beat up on NIT or non-NIT schools really going to prove. It's not going to prove that your right in your assessment of the Big East? But your idea does prove your hatred for the Big East.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
As far as I am concerned a conference should feature all the teams playing each other home and away.I will not give my opinion of John Swofford as that might lead to my being banned.Sixteen teams is just ridiculous and if you are going to have 12 you should skip all of the games against Gardner-Webb and Catawba and just start league player in October.What does the Big East have an A schedeule for teams they expect to be good (For TV) and a B schedeule for teams that can't line their coffers so well?Why don't they just put the automatic bid up for auction on Ebay?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Complete Schedule:

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
wisconsin
florida state
penn state
UNC
michigan
michigan state
maryland
virginia
UNC State

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Game 1 goes to the Big 10. This game was never really intense as OSU handled Va Tech on both sides of the ball.

Big 10 won a battle, but the war starts tomorrow night.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Diable said:
As far as I am concerned a conference should feature all the teams playing each other home and away.I will not give my opinion of John Swofford as that might lead to my being banned.Sixteen teams is just ridiculous and if you are going to have 12 you should skip all of the games against Gardner-Webb and Catawba and just start league player in October.What does the Big East have an A schedeule for teams they expect to be good (For TV) and a B schedeule for teams that can't line their coffers so well?Why don't they just put the automatic bid up for auction on Ebay?
The irony of ann ACC fan calling the Big East greedy because of the way they schedule there 16 team league, or also bashing the fact that there is a 16 team league.

1. The ACC started all the greed in the first place. Without there back door shenanigans with BC, Cuse, Miami, and VTech, there would not be a 16 team league today.

2. The only reason the Big East has 16 teams is to remain part of the BCS (to set up an effective dissolution of the league in a few years). And they were forced to make a power play because the ACC did so first.

Next up, I am going to call the Conference USA greedy for stealing teams from other conferences.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts