1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
Lol you'd get destroyed. FSU took down 2 of your better teams

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
The ACC is better than the A10. But that does not, in any way, mean that the ACC should have received more bids than the A10 this year. There was no argument for NC State or Clemson or anyone else over Dayton.

The strength of the ACC is at the very top, and the A10 can not compete with UNC, Duke, Cuse. Coach K's asinine comments, which fueled all this, pointed specifically to number of bids. And he has no argument.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
No, F-that.

We played 16 games vs ACC teams last season, zero on our home floors.

They want to talk about the "meat grinder" of the ACC?

Every ACC team plays a true road game at an A-10 school.

And none of this November crap. We'll both set out conference schedules with a week for it. January 23-26 is "Meat Grinder Weekend." Let's get Duke to put on their damned snow shoes and traverse the himilayas for a game in Olean (Bona is undefeated all-time against Duke, AND has entered the NCAA Tournament undefeated more times than Duke, FYI).

We make a meat-grinder trophy, and if they can go 8-6 it's theirs.

·
Premium Member
17,902 Posts
No, F-that.

And none of this November crap. We'll both set out conference schedules with a week for it. January 23-26 is "Meat Grinder Weekend." Let's get Duke to put on their damned snow shoes and traverse the himilayas for a game in Olean (Bona is undefeated all-time against Duke, AND has entered the NCAA Tournament undefeated more times than Duke, FYI).

Do you think that the ACC schools can find Olean on a map? I figure somebody would complain about getting sent to St. Louis too.

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
No, F-that.

You guys may go 5-9 if you're lucky

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
It would depend on the match-ups. Duke & Cuse would win. Period.

Pitt, NC State, Virginia, UNC, Florida State would depend on the matchup.

I love how everyone's so sure teams like UNC would bitch-slap A-10 schools after they lost to UAB and Belmont this season.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
It would depend on the match-ups. Duke & Cuse would win. Period.
This depends on the year as well.

Lets stop pretending like ACC teams walk on water. There have been plenty of decently close games that A10 teams that weren't even having great years have played on away courts with ACC or other BCS teams. (Dayton and URI NIT teams specifically).

To say we'd go 5-9 with it all on A10 home courts if we're lucky?

Lets play and find out.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Remember the time #10 or #5 in the AP Poll Pittsburgh (then Big East, but now ACC) waltzed into UD Arena and got their faces stomped in by 28 points?

Was that the 07-08 season? Didn't Dayton beat Louisville that year too?

And URI and UMass both won that year at Cuse. Richmond almost won there the next year when Cuse was RPI 12, losing 76-71. Oddly enough, Cuse stopped scheduling A10 teams other than Fordham, even at home.

All 3 ended up NIT in 08. I think URI and Dayton actually ended up 7-9 in the A10. Just cuz our league is such a meat grinder, you know.

Next year URI lost 82-79 @ Duke, who ended up #1 in RPI. That URI team was also an NIT team.

In 2010-11 URI ended up 19-13 and 101 in RPI. Played in CBI. Lost 83-75 @ #10 RPI Pitt in game that was within 2 possesions until the last minute I'm pretty sure. This was at the Pete when Pitt was almost unbeatable there (well, that was up until this year).

Its not like X and Temple were the only A10 teams going on the road and either winning or being extremely competitive with good BCS teams.

There is a reason they don't come to our on campus arenas almost without exception.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
typical Legoat trolls he ever so often, he just mad because he is a flordia state fan and probably pissed they didn't make the tourney.

Also, you won on a bullsh*t call against UMass and everyone knows it.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
typical Legoat trolls he ever so often, he just mad because he is a flordia state fan and probably pissed they didn't make the tourney.

Also, you won on a bullsh*t call against UMass and everyone knows it.

Also, Florida State is better than NC State and deserved a bid more.

He shouldn't be mad at the A-10, the stronger the A-10, the better FSU's resume -- as their marquee wins were VCU/UMass.

(NC State BTW, beat Syracuse, and a Pitt team that didn't deserve a bid because all they beat was UNC, and NC State/Tenn who didn't deserve bids)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Got into it a bit with Scott Van Pelt about this on Twitter yesterday because he and Russillo were writing off the A-10 yesterday on this topic. So I originally sent a tweet to Russillo about his Vermont Catamounts almost beating Duke at Cameron, then one that started a convo with SVP...

Mat Shelton &#8207 @matShelton Mar 18
And @notthefakeSVP is a Maryland guy. Terps lost to GW but beat UVA. Go figure.

Scott Van Pelt ‏@notthefakeSVP Mar 18 @matShelton cool and St Louis, who was ranked 10th, went to ot twice a/mason. What's GW buzzer beater win over md w/o Seth Allen mean?

Mat Shelton &#8207 @matShelton 20h
@notthefakeSVP First off, love your show. My point is I think people have forgotten the OOC, forget that's where RPIs were basically made.

@notthefakeSVP And Syracuse, who was ranked No.1, lost at home to Boston College.

Scott Van Pelt ‏@notthefakeSVP 20h @matShelton Syracuse, Duke, unc, md all won titles since 02. A-10 has none. Some is ancient history (my Terps) but I believe history

Scott Van Pelt ‏@notthefakeSVP 20h @matShelton more to the point , acc or a-10 have more playing 2nd weekend? I know what I think.

@notthefakeSVP Do I smell a friendly wager? If it's ACC I'll smoke my whig to look like yours. If it's A-10 you wear a VCU shirt at Final 4.

@notthefakeSVP A-10 only has 3 "seed favorites" (VCU, SLU, UMass) to ACC's 4 (Cuse, UVA, UNC, Duke) but I'll still gamble...

Scott Van Pelt ‏@notthefakeSVP 20h @matShelton I'm pro VCU. I just want to be right. And if I'm not, I will say so

@notthefakeSVP No I know. And I'm pro SVP (hence the follow and listen today). Just gotta stand up for a great season from the A-10.

...PS. Hope you noticed he didn't take the bet.

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
That's cool as hell he talked to you for that long

1 - 20 of 97 Posts