41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
From ESPN:

Coach K also voiced his unhappiness Wednesday with ACC officials after no conference officials backed him up when he said that more conference teams should have made the NCAA tournament when bids were announced this month.

"I won't be doing that anymore," Krzyzewski said. "I am not going to do that again because I get all the stuff and nobody has my back. It's funny to you. But you're not the ones [hearing], 'He's an idiot. I hate him. He's low-level.'

"The only thing I said is I love my conference and I think this is better. And that's not happening again unless other people are doing it."Coach K can drivel left, drivel right, and shoots from the broken hip

This guy is so out of touch and deluded. Now he's the victim? He trashes another league, under the guise of sticking up for his own, but does so by taking a pot shot that is so wrong that when the world reminds him he's wrong... an idiot... deserving of hatred... and low level he cries that nobody supports him. Well, nobody shared your opinion.

Also, love how brave he is, that he won't be doing it again, unless others are doing it, so he can't be on an island for his own cluelessness.

·
Super Moderator
17,902 Posts
From ESPN:

Coach K also voiced his unhappiness Wednesday with ACC officials after no conference officials backed him up when he said that more conference teams should have made the NCAA tournament when bids were announced this month.

"I won't be doing that anymore," Krzyzewski said. "I am not going to do that again because I get all the stuff and nobody has my back. It's funny to you. But you're not the ones [hearing], 'He's an idiot. I hate him. He's low-level.'

"The only thing I said is I love my conference and I think this is better. And that's not happening again unless other people are doing it."Coach K can drivel left, drivel right, and shoots from the broken hip

This guy is so out of touch and deluded. Now he's the victim? He trashes another league, under the guise of sticking up for his own, but does so by taking a pot shot that is so wrong that when the world reminds him he's wrong... an idiot... deserving of hatred... and low level he cries that nobody supports him. Well, nobody shared your opinion.

Also, love how brave he is, that he won't be doing it again, unless others are doing it, so he can't be on an island for his own cluelessness.
He made an ass out of himself, and now he's trying to weasel out of it. Great coach on the floor, but his tact is a little lacking.

·
Registered
763 Posts
What an ass. No one faults him for advocating for his own conference. What's over the line is when you call out another conference specifically as not deserving.

Suck on the undeserved bid now, bitch.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Coach K lost on two counts regarding his ill advised comments:

1. He came across as very low class and bush league for denigrating another league

2. His knowledge of the college game (outside his team and the ACC) took a hit as he was very wrong about the A-10. The fact that two A-10 teams ousted ACC teams in the only match-ups was definitive proof.

He would have been fine if he had only defended the ACC and extolled its strengths. He went wrong when he started throwing stones at other leagues. He has no one to blame but himself for the criticism and ridicule he received.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Coach K lost on two counts regarding his ill advised comments:

1. He came across as very low class and bush league for denigrating another league

2. His knowledge of the college game (outside his team and the ACC) took a hit as he was very wrong about the A-10. The fact that two A-10 teams ousted ACC teams in the only match-ups was definitive proof.

He would have been fine if he had only defended the ACC and extolled its strengths. He went wrong when he started throwing stones at other leagues. He has no one to blame but himself for the criticism and ridicule he received.
And don't forget - that 6th A10 team he ripped is still playing. In the Elite 8. After beating Syracuse along the way. And possibility playing longer than ANY ACC team.

The other thing is that it's not just that he ripped another team - it's that he ripped one of the non-big money teams, and one that was clearly deserving of a bid. If he has said he thought nc state should get in before SMU, and cited SMU's resume, then there wouldn't be such an uproar. If he compared nc state to another mid- level BCS team, no one would have been outraged. But when the big guys take a completed unwarranted and I'll-informed cheap shot at a deserving team on the rise, you look like a jerk.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
The other thing is that it's not just that he ripped another team - it's that he ripped one of the non-big money teams, and one that was clearly deserving of a bid. If he has said he thought nc state should get in before SMU, and cited SMU's resume, then there wouldn't be such an uproar. If he compared nc state to another mid- level BCS team, no one would have been outraged. But when the big guys take a completed unwarranted and I'll-informed cheap shot at a deserving team on the rise, you look like a jerk.

I don't think he directly named a team he didn't think should make it. He advocated for NC State and insinuated that the A-10 shouldn't have more bids than the ACC as his league was a meat grinder.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts