Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I like Javaris quite a bit, but I've heard conflicting reports that Derrick Byars might be the guy they go with.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yeah I heard on 570 that the Clippers were thinking about taking Byers from Vandy. He's a solid and good player, but not good enough to take at 14, maybe in the mid 20s.

·
Registered
235 Posts
we don't need law, ewing or conroy. if we keep j. heart, diaz can be 3rd string or mobley. i agree with yam, cassell is gonna be fine, and i thoroughly belive that livi is gonna come back stronger and smarter, i know some of you won't agree, but DIAZ might be all we need. he was the basically the best player on the teams he played for. he probably has more experience then all of the pg's in this draft...my only worry is dumblevy...he drafted jermain o'neil and let him rot on the bench and now he's an all-star...that's why i speak highly of singleton and diaz...they'll probably be all-stars for somebody else...dumblevy is racist and he doesn't like russians either, just big slow unathletic goofy white boy's...dumblevy's the reason we didn't make the playoffs, and if he would have put singleton in instead of ewing, raja bell wouldn't be as popular as he is...vada

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
MR. VADA said:
we don't need law, ewing or conroy. if we keep j. heart, diaz can be 3rd string or mobley. i agree with yam, cassell is gonna be fine, and i thoroughly belive that livi is gonna come back stronger and smarter, i know some of you won't agree, but DIAZ might be all we need. he was the basically the best player on the teams he played for. he probably has more experience then all of the pg's in this draft...my only worry is dumblevy...he drafted jermain o'neil and let him rot on the bench and now he's an all-star...that's why i speak highly of singleton and diaz...they'll probably be all-stars for somebody else...dumblevy is racist and he doesn't like russians either, just big slow unathletic goofy white boy's...dumblevy's the reason we didn't make the playoffs, and if he would have put singleton in instead of ewing, raja bell wouldn't be as popular as he is...vada
Dude, I know it's toungue-in-cheek, but Dunleavy isn't a racist. I agree that Singleton especially deserved a ton more playing time than he was given last year. He made a huge impact in his first season with the team and instead of getting an increased role he got buried on the bench for some reason. I think Sam will be okay, but we can't count on him to play 75 games per season anymore, it just isn't realistic. Hart might be a good enough back up until Livi comes back, but I don't think it would hurt to add another true PG to the roster just in case things don't work out. This team is too close to let another season go down the drain by not being prepared for the likelihood of another Cassell injury or Livingston not coming back in top form. Diaz may be the answer, I don't know. But he's still very young and has no experience leading an NBA team, and that's a very risky proposition. I like the idea of signing Brevin Knight, should he settle for the MLE, though as noted by Yam that's unlikely to happen due to the luxury tax scenario. I too think Dunleavy played a huge role in this team missing the playoffs last year, but it's more due to his stubborness in not wanting to start Corey than anything else. If he wouldn't have messed with Maggs' playing time this team probably would have had 5-7 more wins under their belts. But, that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i wouldn't put my tongue on anyone's cheek...and why else would you not play or develop a good player?...and in case you didn't notice, q ross is white...j.k...vada

21 - 25 of 25 Posts