Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Antonio Davis has said he wil retire if the Bulls trade him.

He Said this tonight on an interview with Sportsnet

LOL

Thoughts

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Ok.

Somebody remind me, who was it that put the gun to AD's head and told him to sign a max-money contract with the Raptors?

Remember how the Bulls offered him a smaller contract at the same time, and he followed the cash and stayed in Toronto?

So now he'll give up all the money Toronto had on the table for him if he doesn't get to stay in Chicago. Essentially, he'll take less money than Chicago or Toronto offered, just to keep living in the Windy City.

Why the hell didn't you just go to Chicago in the first place!

I'm not really an AD hater, but I'm happy the team has cut it's ties with him so I don't have to hear his complaining to the media. This new 'don't trade me' stuff just irritates me.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!
Ok.

Somebody remind me, who was it that put the gun to AD's head and told him to sign a max-money contract with the Raptors?

Remember how the Bulls offered him a smaller contract at the same time, and he followed the cash and stayed in Toronto?

So now he'll give up all the money Toronto had on the table for him if he doesn't get to stay in Chicago. Essentially, he'll take less money than Chicago or Toronto offered, just to keep living in the Windy City.

Why the hell didn't you just go to Chicago in the first place!

I'm not really an AD hater, but I'm happy the team has cut it's ties with him so I don't have to hear his complaining to the media. This new 'don't trade me' stuff just irritates me.
i agree, i think hes gettin' a bit senile... lol
i think all the praise and the accolades he received in T.O went to his head..

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
To Davis' credit, he did apologize for the comments he made on the Jim Rome show about the education his kids were getting. He admitted that they were getting excellent schooling in Toronto and serious or not, he shouldn't have said what he said. Kudos on that.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i think he still gets to collect his cash even if he retires...something like wut hakeem did

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
metric > imperial

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sammysamosa</b>!
i think he still gets to collect his cash even if he retires...something like wut hakeem did
I think Hakeem retired due to medical issues and is why he still collected his money like Terrell Brandon is doing with the Hawks.

If he is healthy and retires, and the Bulls let him out of his contract, he waives his salary and he comes off the cap.

-Petey

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
i believe this is called blackmail? poor chicago.. got this horrible contract and they can't even get rid of it.. AD has little to no trade value... the more he talks, the lesser he becomes.. somebody tell him to keep his mouth shut:no:

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
meh, not our problem anymore. let the bulls handle it :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
it bothers me how players like AD don't understand that if every player in the league were to behave in the same way, there would be no league at all. it just wouldn't work. you can't go wherever you want in the nba- you are being paid millions on millions partly to allow your employer to move you anywhere he feels would most help HIS team. it has nothing to do with you.

if players all mandated that they play in their hometowns (with their families), they certainly wouldn't command the premiums they currently enjoy. by signing a pro contract in this day and age, you are, for all intents and purposes, waiving your right to personal preference. you earn all that money by simply playing the game, completely irrespective of where it is that you ply your trade.

AD acts like he's one of the only nba players to support a family. he acts as if something is owed to him. to blackmail the bulls the way he has is just not acceptable (in my book). it is selfish and short-sighted.

he's always seemed (to me) to be dumb as a tree. this offers even more proof.

peace

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
what a joke - he wanted chi-town but chi-town already does not want him. And yes he will play if he is traded he has 13 million reasons to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts