Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
43 pts 14-28 FG 4-8 3FG 11-12 FT 7 rebounds, 5 assits, 2 steals, and 0 Turnover !!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The Zags beat Mich. State 109 - 106. Anybody watching the game care to share what they saw? especially in Adam Morrison.

·
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm rooting for the Zags to reach the Final Four at least this year. The game went on to three OTs. I'm interested to know about his clutchness.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
I think 0 turnovers part is great.... Guy is just amazing. I didn't see the game though.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
That boy looks nothing like a basketball player but he can straight HOOP!

·
Registered
420 Posts
he wil lnot be able to guard anyone in the pros and will give up as much as he scores..

plus thoughs midrange shots he gets off in college wil lget blocked in the pros..

hes maybe a slightly better version of luke jackson..

·
Yeah..A Knicks Fan
834 Posts
Keith Closs said:
he wil lnot be able to guard anyone in the pros and will give up as much as he scores..

plus thoughs midrange shots he gets off in college wil lget blocked in the pros..

hes maybe a slightly better version of luke jackson..
He's a smart kid who just knows the game. He didn't have a problem getting shots off against any superior athletes of the collegiate level, I don't know why the pros would be any different.

Besides, being slow seems to work well for a number of NBA players.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Keith Closs said:
I don't know why people keep brining this up with slow college guys. Apparently many of you haven't noticed - a lot the guys in the NBA don't play defense, and even if they do, usually it isn't good defense. Morrison's better than Luke Jackson.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Compare him to Carmelo Anthony before Luke Jackson. Melo is not the greatest athlete... but he knows how to score mid and in. Luke Jackson does not possess these traits.

oh wait... my comparison is invalid because you can only compare white players to other white players.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
exactly

Morrion ≠ Larry Bird... therefore, he is nothing like any other player to ever play in the NBA :)

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
JuniorNoboa said:
oh wait... my comparison is invalid because you can only compare white players to other white players.
I was thinking the same thing. I found it hard though to compare his game to a black player. His game just does't really remind me of any black player. I think Melo is a lot more athletic though. The only player I could think of is a better Wally Sczerbiak who can create his own shot when being guarded by certain players. IMHO, he won't be as bad as Luke Jackson , but he won't be any better than Mike Miller (who I think is a better player). However, Morrison is good player and will be a good 2nd-3rd option for a team.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
JuniorNoboa said:
Yep, that's exactly the rule. And if you can compare a player to another player who went to the same College or came from the same country, then the comparison is infallible. You know, like Hasan Adams = Andre Iguodala or Carlos Delfino = Manu.

·
Yeah..A Knicks Fan
834 Posts
Nimreitz said:
Yep, that's exactly the rule. And if you can compare a player to another player who went to the same College or came from the same country, then the comparison is infallible. You know, like Hasan Adams = Andre Iguodala or Carlos Delfino = Manu.
Don't forget the wonderful comparison of Jerome Moiso and Petro

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Adam Morrison has always been a player to play bigger when the games get bigger, and last night was just another example. I watch pretty much every Gonzaga game and he constantly impresses me with how clutch he is. I think he intentionally makes himself look like he doesn't belong on the court to add to his clutch play.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Keith Closs said:
This is what I was thinking. He has a great knack for the game, but I think he'll be a step slow. I'll have to see some more. He is not quite the perimeter threat Jackson was. Different players. Not nearly as athletic as Melo. He surprises me all the time with his athletic ability.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Wally Szczerbiak was a first team all-American too and I don't know if Morrison was better than him.

Wally World scored 49 points in the first round of the NCAA tournament and his team only had 61 points and they won over Washington in 1999.

I think people forget how good some of the guys were in college.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts