Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Correction - got TWO game suspension!!

Per Bing Univ latest news release on web site he got a TWO game suspension - I did not see the incident, can anyone who did see it comment - is this reasonable or not?? What about Barnes, was he suspended, he certainly did a lot more damage to the opponent!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Saw both of them on television: I think two games is fair. Adediran and Gardner were tangled under the boards and then as they were running up the floor, about midcourt, Adediran pops him good with an elbow to the face. Right in front of a referee. There wasn't a whole lot of lead-up and there wasn't much fuss afterward it was just all so in plain view.

In my opinion, the two-game suspension of Barnes is more problematic in that how do you determine intent? It didn't look too favorable and, certainly, the fall to the floor was more dramatic, but was ... Barnes using his forearm to brace himself and Hehn's head just got in the way? Or, did Barnes use the circumstance to get in a cheapshot?

Tough call in my opinion, but considering everything that happened immediately following the incident, probably the right thing to do. Maybe I'd have gone with one game for Barnes and two games for Adediran.

I'd also like to see the next AE officiating crew that calls back-to-back double fouls immediately suspended and replaced by Moe, Shemp and Larry. The point being, dead stooges are better than some of these guys. I know I didn't have to explain that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appeal is possible

Per the press release, "unless BU administrators appeal the suspension, Adediran will also miss the home game against New Hampshire this Saturday", so it looks like it is possible.

Press Release

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I hope they don't appeal it. From most of the impartial observers it sounds like this was a pretty clear case of an intentional and flagrant foul.

Adediran seems to have a world of talent and a willingness to hustle for the ball. He's also adapted quite well to the D-1 game, and is one of the few bright spots for the B-Cats so far this year.

As an alumni and former athlete who supports the athletic department with a meaningful contribution, I know that it wasn't our intention for the move to D-1 to develop a team of thugs or a fan base of whiners.

Do the crime, do the time. Let's hope he learns from this. He has the potential to be a star in this league.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts