Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Golden State Warriors center Adonal Foyle shocked fans and management today by demanding a trade. Initially he refused to say where he wanted to go, but said that he wanted to play for a contender.

“I’ve been working my guts out, night in, night out for this franchise, and it’s about time I won a championship. I’m fed up with playing on a losing team. If I don’t get traded, I’m not going to turn up for training camp. I mean it.”

The response from the Warriors brass was immediate. “We feel sorry for Adonal. He’s been the lynchpin of this franchise for the last 6 years, averaging nearly 4 points per game for his career. It’s about time he got the position he deserves. He obviously didn’t mean to sign the 6 year, $52 million contract he just signed with us. We can’t expect him stay here all that time for such a paltry wage, considering how crappy our management is. He owes us nothing.”

A tearful fan told us, “I can’t believe he’s leaving us! I’ve never heard of a player making these kinds of demands before. It’s unheard of! Besides, I just got a new tattoo – Foyle ‘n Warriors, NBA Champions 2006”.

Another fan was more understanding. “It’s only fair that he moves on. A player of his caliber should be on a team contending for the title. I just hope we get someone just as decent in return. Primoz Brezec, say. How can we possibly run a training camp without him? The management must respect his wishes and act as soon as they can. Why should they decide his future, for goodness sake?”

Mark Cuban immediately expressed interest in the 7 footer: “We’re looking to shore up our center position. We can use him as a backup behind Erick Dampier, Shawn Bradley, Evan Eschmeyer, Pavel Podkolzine, Calvin Booth, and Didier Ilunga-Mbenga. We’re even prepared to send them Dan Dickau back in return.”

Knicks GM Isaiah Thomas has also expressed an interest. “We’re looking to obtain a few more long-term contracts to get our roster settled. Adonal is the sort of value-for-money player we’ve been after for ages. He can take us up to the next level and bring the glory years back to the Garden.”

But it won’t be all plain sailing for the future All-Star. League rules prevent players who have just signed free agent contracts from being traded for 90 days. NBA Commissioner David Stern made a statement this afternoon “We’re prepared to relax the rules in this instance. We’re well aware of the marketing potential of an Adonal Foyle San Antonio Spurs jersey, and will stop at nothing to maximise the marketing potential of the players we own.”

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Demanding trades is so out of hand. McGrady I can deal with, Shaq, fine. Baron Davis, whatever. But Adonal Foyle? Played 13 minutes per game last season and contributed a whopping 3 points per game?

This is unbelievable. How about we give every player in the NBA some "crowns" to write with, and ask them to write the team want to play for inside, have them fold it hot dog style, and send it into the league so we can get every player where they want to be.

ORRR perhaps it was a joke? :D

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Let's hope he said is a joke.

C'mon. He got to admit that he KNEW he couldn't carry whatever he needs to this level with a contender. How can he help if he only averaged 13 minutes a game? That would be a full quarter and will be not enough.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Funny stuff! :laugh:
But I knew it was a joke before I read the post! I was just waiting for someone to start messing with poor Foyle again! It is not his fault he got so much money, blame Mullin for that!
And I dont know why you had to drag Brezec into this! He is going to show his true value this year, when he gets more playing time!:p

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Originally posted by <b>theBirdman</b>!
Funny stuff! :laugh:
But I knew it was a joke before I read the post! I was just waiting for someone to start messing with poor Foyle again! It is not his fault he got so much money, blame Mullin for that!
Yep Adonal's got one hell of an agent!!

Knicks GM Isaiah Thomas has also expressed an interest. “We’re looking to obtain a few more long-term contracts to get our roster settled. Adonal is the sort of value-for-money player we’ve been after for ages.
Too perfect, they do need a few more big contracts to become completely inflexible. I thought it really couldn't get any worse, then poof . . .Isiash hired, in comes Hardaway, Marbury, TT, Crawford.

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
:laugh:

A tearful fan told us, “I can’t believe he’s leaving us! I’ve never heard of a player making these kinds of demands before. It’s unheard of! Besides, I just got a new tattoo – Foyle ‘n Warriors, NBA Champions 2006”. [/b]
Mark Cuban immediately expressed interest in the 7 footer: “We’re looking to shore up our center position. We can use him as a backup behind Erick Dampier, Shawn Bradley, Evan Eschmeyer, Pavel Podkolzine, Calvin Booth, and Didier Ilunga-Mbenga. We’re even prepared to send them Dan Dickau back in return.”
Yeah, it's a joke (great article).

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
$52 Million contract, 52, 52, 52.

copy from quote:

averaging nearly 4 points per game for his career. It’s about time he got the position he deserves. He obviously didn’t mean to sign the 6 year, $52 million contract he just signed with us.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Let's see: McGrady demanded a trade, Shaq demanded a trade, SAR is demanding a trade unless Zach Randolph is traded, Kidd wants out in NJ, Baron Davis wants out, and Peja and BJax want out. Gary Payton was traded but then demanded to be immediately retraded.

So, not to be outdone, I went to my wife last night and demanded a trade. I proposed that I should be traded to Catherine Zeta-Jones in exchange for Michael Douglas. I also said that I would accept a trade to Vanessa Williams or Angelina Jolie, but that if she traded me to Monica Seles I would refuse to report.

She laughed and said, "I offered you to Roseanne Barr for a used vibrator but she turned the deal down. I can't even get Wilford Brimley for you unless I throw in a draft choice."

I immediately called my agent. He has not returned my call.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!
$52 Million contract, 52, 52, 52.

copy from quote:

averaging nearly 4 points per game for his career. It’s about time he got the position he deserves. He obviously didn’t mean to sign the 6 year, $52 million contract he just signed with us.
Dude, it was a joke...

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
You guys are delirious. :laugh: :laugh: JazzMan, very nice indeed.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
When I read it, I really thought that it was true....you write like a ESPN-writer........ :dead:

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Well-written. :)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
Let's see: McGrady demanded a trade, Shaq demanded a trade, SAR is demanding a trade unless Zach Randolph is traded, Kidd wants out in NJ, Baron Davis wants out, and Peja and BJax want out. Gary Payton was traded but then demanded to be immediately retraded.

So, not to be outdone, I went to my wife last night and demanded a trade. I proposed that I should be traded to Catherine Zeta-Jones in exchange for Michael Douglas. I also said that I would accept a trade to Vanessa Williams or Angelina Jolie, but that if she traded me to Monica Seles I would refuse to report.

She laughed and said, "I offered you to Roseanne Barr for a used vibrator but she turned the deal down. I can't even get Wilford Brimley for you unless I throw in a draft choice."

I immediately called my agent. He has not returned my call.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hilarious, BJ!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts