Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I want to say thank you to the moderators for keeping the inmates from running the asylum.

Every poster out here has a sense of humor and doesn't take himself too seriously. This should be demonstrated whenever possible when you post, though. The best way to do this and still be yourself is to use the smiles located on the right of the text box when you're posting. Let me show you what I mean:

You're a jerk.

Your'e a jerk. :biggrin:

The first one could be taken seriously and subjects itself to editing from the moderators. The second is clearly meant in jest, as illustrated by the smile.

I have seen some complaints re the style of the moderators, but this is what we wanted. Otherwise, we might as well go back to sMAAC.

Again, a hearty thanks to the moderators. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Seriously Guy I think we may need to find something inbetween the sMAAC board where anything goes and this board where things are being censored.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beagle said:
Seriously Guy I think we may need to find something inbetween the sMAAC board where anything goes and this board where things are being censored.
A line has to be drawn, and the moderators have drawn it. I have no problem with their approach.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Was Beagle reprimanded by the moderators? About time. I see through his thinly veiled act.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Hey [strike]coward[/strike] TM why did you delete my joke post in response to Guy's message? What was offensive in it? Have you ever heard of the first admendment?

Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Additionally, insulting the mods, CMs and Admins that are doing their jobs will never be tolerated on bbb.net - cpaw

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Beagle said:
Hey [strike]coward[/strike] TM why did you delete my joke post in response to Guy's message? What was offensive in it? Have you ever heard of the first admendment?
namecalling :no: Instead of deleting your nonsense this time, I'll leave it so that others can see the kind of thing that's really been happening between you and the other CM's.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Knowing Beagle as a poster for about a year now, I find it amazing that he has had more issues here than on the sMAAC board. Simply amazing.

Beagle, just let it go and move on.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Beagle said:
By the way, as of last evening, I don't edit anything in this forum. Other CM's have been watching/editing - mostly CM's from outside the college basketball forums. That way myself and the others are clear of this sort of thing. Oooops on your part.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Guy what has me ticked is I did not post anything inflamatory, but a general question to the members of this board about a poster and his antics, and I take it in the neck. I think I am pretty good at not causing trouble or posting things to start arguments. I consider myself fairly self moderated. So when I saw the direction this board was heading last week I posted my feelings and wanted other members to chime in and see if they agreed with me or if I was in the minority. My post was closed then deleted. This board has been good up until last week when a certain poster came here and started with lots of sMAAC. I merely asked if that was the direction that the members of this board wanted it to go. I don't, but I do want a board where question ane problems can be aired so the members of the board can determine the direction/type of board it will be. If everybody chimes in then the moderators can make their decsisions on what to do, instead a new moderator felt he needed to break out his red pen and tell us what was appropriate. That was wrong for them to do. I guess by me taking it in the neck has helped to correct the problem because the poster in question has not caused as much trouble in the last day or two. :angel:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
TM said:
By the way, as of last evening, I don't edit anything in this forum. Other CM's have been watching/editing - mostly CM's from outside the college basketball forums. That way myself and the others are clear of this sort of thing. Oooops on your part.

Well then why were you and kansasalum the ones responding to the posts and sending me pm's?

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Beagle said:
I guess by me taking it in the neck has helped to correct the problem because the poster in question has not caused as much trouble in the last day or two. :angel:
Do you recall me talking about you not knowing the full extent of the "situation?" Your "problem" poster was confronted approximately 24hours before you ever made that initial post, and he agreed to comply with our requests long before you ever typed out that post. And, THAT was the reason why your post concerning that situation was "censored" then deleted. Like GuyF said recently, this board is not a democracy. Neither is it a tv reality show. You can't just vote somebody off :). But neither is this board a dictatorship. If you haven't noticed there are multiple CM's and we answer to the admins. In all honesty and sincerity, we do value your opinion and the opinion of others. BTW, before you made that post, some of your MAAC friends privately PMed me and other CM's with their concerns. We as CM's, appreciate that. If you all haven't picked up on this yet - we really are glad you all decided to come here to BBB.net. We have no intentions of being authoritatian rulers, but we do refuse to let this board turn into another sMAAC board.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
This is good stuff -- the sMAAC board must have a National reputation by now

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Beagle said:
Guy what has me ticked is I did not post anything inflamatory, but a general question to the members of this board about a poster and his antics, and I take it in the neck. I think I am pretty good at not causing trouble or posting things to start arguments. I consider myself fairly self moderated. So when I saw the direction this board was heading last week I posted my feelings and wanted other members to chime in and see if they agreed with me or if I was in the minority. My post was closed then deleted. This board has been good up until last week when a certain poster came here and started with lots of sMAAC. I merely asked if that was the direction that the members of this board wanted it to go. I don't, but I do want a board where question ane problems can be aired so the members of the board can determine the direction/type of board it will be. If everybody chimes in then the moderators can make their decsisions on what to do, instead a new moderator felt he needed to break out his red pen and tell us what was appropriate. That was wrong for them to do. I guess by me taking it in the neck has helped to correct the problem because the poster in question has not caused as much trouble in the last day or two. :angel:
Actually, it was inflamatory because it singled out a poster for abuse. These questions and problems that you are talking about are things that need to be handled through our Private Message system. What you are suggesting are things that have never been tolerated by bbb.net.

Also, lets be clear, a Community Moderator isn't a new moderator. While each CM has an area of bbb.net that they are responsible for managing and overseeing, every CM is entrusted by the owners of this site (the Admins, the folks in bolded blue) to edit anything on the site at anytime. As CM's we enforce the same standards across bbb.net.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts