Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know when AE awards are announced. I assume this week.

Any predictions or suggestions?

I think Ryan Davis as POY, Odom as COY.

DPOY: Traci Carter, Ben Shungu or Isaiah Powell?

First team: Davis, Noel, Guadarama, Eytle-Rock and Gueye or Cooks

I am not sure who to say for 6th man or ROY

What do you all say?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Keondre Kennedy has been invaluable off the bench for UMBC. Has only started 2 matchups. Plays 25 minutes a game and put up 25 in the Vermont series. Does a little of everything.

Just looking at stats from around the league and Qon Murphy has done well off the Wildcats’ bench

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I would think Jayden Martinez has a good shot to be 1st team and Blondeau or Nick to be rookie of the year.

·
UMBC fan
4,119 Posts
I think Eytle-Rock played his way onto the first team this past weekend vs UVM, and Horvath played his way onto the second.

Kennedy as 6th man seems fitting, and I think Akin should be all defensive team.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Just my hunch at individual and first team:

POY: Davis (UVM) - Edge goes to guy with standout numbers on a better team
DPOY: Gueye (SBU) - he's 7th in the country in blocks per game
ROY: Johnson (UNH) - UNH is the only team that really has freshmen contributing, tossup between him and Tchoukuiegno.
COY: Odom (UMBC) - Should be obvious

First Team:
Davis (UVM)
Horvath (UMBC)
Cooks (NJIT)
Eytle-Rock (UMBC)
Noel (UML)

Generally, the coaches award the top team with 2 first-teamers, that's a pattern of late. They also sometimes value past positions...which is why Smith could sneak on over Etyle-Rock.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,987 Posts
POY- R. Davis-UVM
DPOY- T. Carter- Hartford
6th man- Kennedy- UMBC
ROY- N. Johnson- UNH
COY- T. Dempsey- Bing

1st Team-
Davis- UVM
Horvath- UMBC
Eytle-Rock - UMBC
Martinez- UNH
Noel- UML

2nd Team
Carter- Hart
Smith- UVM
Guadarrama- UNH
Cooks- NJIT
Rizzuto- UA

3rd Team
Shungu-UVM
Withers-UML
Rodriguez-SBU
Rogers- UMBC
Mills- Bing

Defensive team-
Carter- Hartford
Rizzuto- UA
Gueye- SBU
Ingo- Maine
Powell- UVM

Reactions: umbc32244

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Wow really? Lmao...
I learned a long time ago the "stats and accomplishments" from UVM basketball's twitter account should be taken quite lightly. It borders North Korean state news sometimes. They did try and compare Becker to actual basketball hall of famers for his fastest to 100 conference wins in fewest number of games. As though him being spotted 10 league wins a year in recent times is the same as going through a Big 12 basketball season.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Wow really? Lmao...
Actually, it looks like Northeastern has 9. Wikipedia shorted them a share of the 1980 title. I think the author of that tweet did the same 30 seconds of research I did, only they lumped in NU's 3 CAA regular season titles with the 8 ECAC North/NAC/AE titles they were credited with and called it 11.

·
Registered
14,236 Posts
Genuinely curious,what makes this tweet embarrassing?
Surprise surprise you are in here claiming the #2 seed is the regular season champ. Lol. But then again you were also the guy that claimed last year the title having never played the last game or winning the tournament. So there's that...I mean uvm hung a banner...AND TWEETED ABOUT IT...HAHA...

Nevermind the fact (that I didn't know)...that Northeastern only has 8 titles...lol. I'll have to see if that's true...if it is, that's even more laughable.

Anything to keep it going... right? If this was Albany doing this crap I'd be emberassed...but that would actually require for Albany to I don't know, not suck. So maybe I'm out of line here lol.

·
Premium Member
33,465 Posts
Surprise surprise you are in here claiming the #2 seed is the regular season champ. Lol. But then again you were also the guy that claimed last year the title having never played the last game or winning the tournament. So there's that...I mean uvm hung a banner...AND TWEETED ABOUT IT...HAHA...

Nevermind the fact (that I didn't know)...that Northeastern only has 8 titles...lol. I'll have to see if that's true...if it is, that's even more laughable.

Anything to keep it going... right?
I see you still don’t understand the difference between conference standings vs conference playoff seeding. That’s on you. Go figure it out then re-join the conversation.

As for last year, I’m not sure what you’re referring to- I guess the conference awarding us the championship by default as the #1 seed? I’d take that up with the league office. Not sure it’s something anybody asked for.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts

Anything to keep it going... right? If this was Albany doing this crap I'd be emberassed...but that would actually require for Albany to I don't know, not suck. So maybe I'm out of line here lol.
Sorry, we split here: your beef is with the conference. If you want UVM to stop claiming these titles, please write a letter to the America East Department of Trophy Distribution and request they stop sending us trophies.

America East Conference
c/o Dept. of Trophy Distribution
451 D Street, Suite 705B
Boston, MA 02210

Sure, I'm not one to go around bragging that we "won" the America East Tournament last year, but they mailed us a trophy. They could have mailed Hartford a trophy, too. That would have been fair. They didn't. Feel free to include that when you correspond with a Trophy Distribution Representative.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,987 Posts
Sorry, we split here: your beef is with the conference. If you want UVM to stop claiming these titles, please write a letter to the America East Department of Trophy Distribution and request they stop sending us trophies.

America East Conference
c/o Dept. of Trophy Distribution
451 D Street, Suite 705B
Boston, MA 02210

Sure, I'm not one to go around bragging that we "won" the America East Tournament last year, but they mailed us a trophy. They could have mailed Hartford a trophy, too. That would have been fair. They didn't. Feel free to include that when you correspond with a Trophy Distribution Representative.
They should have just mailed everyone a trophy for what it was worth. Then there would be less opposing fans in here whining about trophies and this thread would actually be on topic.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts

COY- T. Dempsey- Bing

Is this from the "They can't fire him if he's the reigning Coach of the Year" file?

I know lots of Binghamton fans are frustrated with Dempsey, but it's hard to see how one holds the current season against him. (Or most other coaches for that matter -- unless they've done something particularly egregious).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts