Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,443 Posts
Trophy Culture. Thanks a lot, millennials.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,977 Posts
Is this from the "They can't fire him if he's the reigning Coach of the Year" file?

I know lots of Binghamton fans are frustrated with Dempsey, but it's hard to see how one holds the current season against him. (Or most other coaches for that matter -- unless they've done something particularly egregious).
It's partially tongue in cheek, but as Dempsey years go it's been a pretty good one. They actually showed improvement as the year went on which isn't something that's been particularly noticeable in past years.

Reactions: BingGrad

·
Registered
14,221 Posts
I see you still don’t understand the difference between conference standings vs conference playoff seeding. That’s on you. Go figure it out then re-join the conversation.

As for last year, I’m not sure what you’re referring to- I guess the conference awarding us the championship by default as the #1 seed? I’d take that up with the league office. Not sure it’s something anybody asked for.
I understand it just fine...as for writing a letter. I'm on it ..going to be VERY STRONGLY worded. May even do it in two languages, English and Ukrainian just to make sure it's clear across multiple continents.

Storms off

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Regarding awards

COY definitely Odom
ROY definitely Johnson then Blondeau then Webley. Webley got very little time to be considered for this.
POY definitely Davis

regarding Hartford awards

I think Carter wins Defensive POY
I think Austin Williams is 3rd team AE
I think Carter is 2nd or 3rd team AE
i think DJ Mitchell had a good shot for 6th man but when Flowers went down for the season he moved to the starting lineup which I guess disqualifies him? That being said Kennedy is a great choice.

thinking about the all rookie team I can’t think of that many rookies that shined this year? I must be missing some? Also in this crazy year where freshman return as freshman next year maybe coaches didn’t feel the need to rush them along.

·
Premium Member
33,443 Posts
This conference has way more talent than I must have realized if Stef Smith isn’t one of the 5 best players(?)

Looking forward to the win shares from the Sweet 16 by the conference champ! ;)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts

There are the official awards.

·
Registered
703 Posts
How about those GPAs for the All-Academic team. Fantastic. Apparently Adam Lulka was not content with one 4.0, he had to go and get a second one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I thought Zach Cooks of NJIT on 3rd team is a little low. Maybe he got pushed down for volume over efficiency but he was a very dangerous player when I watched him in the series vs UMBC

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I was hoping for Patella to be chosen 6th man. He's certainly been a sparkplug for UVM coming off the bench. Davis has really earned his POY award. His development has been fantastic.

·
Jump Hook Assassin
1,877 Posts
I get that Maine only played nine games, but DuHart at least belonged on the All-Rookie Team. I think he's right there for ROY if they finish out the season.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I was hoping for Patella to be chosen 6th man. He's certainly been a sparkplug for UVM coming off the bench. Davis has really earned his POY award. His development has been fantastic.
What's the record for most missed 3-pointers to start a career for a player who eventually won Conference Player of the Year? Is it more of less than 13?

Think about that, guys. Ryan Davis started 0-13 from long range for his career, and is now the AE Player of the Year. There's always room to grow.

·
Comrade Fox
1,991 Posts
What's the record for most missed 3-pointers to start a career for a player who eventually won Conference Player of the Year? Is it more of less than 13?

Think about that, guys. Ryan Davis started 0-13 from long range for his career, and is now the AE Player of the Year. There's always room to grow.
And I'm like 90% sure like half of those were airballs. I remember watching the Kansas game at the Alumni house and just getting so pissed every time he'd go for one

·
U of AZ 72
93 Posts

Remember that he had significant problems with his feet his freshman year which may have been a contributing factor. He also lost a fair amount of weight by his sophomore year.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Ryan Davis completely transformed his body and game. This is a very unusual happening. He deserves the accolades especially because he did it by hard, relentless work. But, even if he had done nothing and still dominated , he would still be POY because of his play.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts