Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

Jaleen Smith looks like he's going back to Germany, to play for its best team in Alba Berlin, and in EuroLeague. That'd make him by far the AE alum competing at the highest level outside the states. The Suns who he's playing summer league with have 14 guys under contract so it was going to be tough to latch on. But, do well for a year or so at Alba, and that could lead to getting some guaranteed money from an NBA team down the line.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Got to say that Anthony Lamb is getting lots of playing time in summer league. Started last night. He is certainly not lighting it up offensively but is quietly holding his own. With The Rockets in significant building mode and having brought in a bunch of talent in the draft I will be curious to see if he finds a home there. Playing lots of SF.
Congratulations Anthony! Couldn't happen to someone with a higher character or moral compass. Maybe he'll get signed by the Trail Blazers and can be coached by Chauncey Billups. They seem to have a lot in common!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I’m not going to weigh in on all of the other stuff, but from purely a basketball perspective Anthony looked AWFUL last night. By far the worst game I’ve ever seen him play. 6 turnovers and they were all BAD turnovers. He looked pretty good in their previous game, but in this one I don’t even know to describe it. Just didn’t belong out there offensively. Maybe it was an off night, but If he plays like that in their final two summer league games I can’t imagine the Rockets are going to give him a chance again. Defensively he held his own, but his turnovers and shooting were both so poor that it was hard to even see the good in his game last night.

·
Comrade Fox
2,089 Posts
@VTHSIC on twitter pointing out a fun fact: Clancy Rugg is playing for Luxembourg in the 2023 FIBA WC pre-qualifiers. They were originally eliminated in the first round (finishing 3rd in a group with Iceland, Slovakia, and Kosovo), but when Austria withdrew they were advanced to the second round of pre-qualifying, where they are currently 0-2 (a nine-point loss to Portugal and a 50-point utter annihilation at the hands of Sweden)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks like Smith also is having workouts with the Sixers: Jaleen Smith working out with the Jazz and the Sixers

He has Zalgiris in Lithuania interested in him too. They're a EuroLeague permanent team, but they might be looking to bring in former NBA guard Emanuel Mudiay: Zalgiris reportedly close to signing Emmanuel Mudiay

Either way, pretty cool for Jaleen.
What is even cooler about Jalen’s story is that he took the step up to the team from Germany on a non guaranteed 30 day deal to show he belonged. When you turn that into league MVP that’s the bet on yourself mentality. As for TBH, I am sure he could maneuver and push to go to summer league and get potentially a 2 way or even an Ex 10. But at this juncture you are weighing money differences etc. The timing of the NBA summer league and the start of the Euro season creates so many conflicts that kids have to take a solid Euro offer that may not be there after summer league.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts