Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
AE alums who made G League opening night rosters this year:

Malik Ellison (Hartford) - College Park Skyhawks (Atlanta Hawks)
UC Iroegbu (Stony Brook) - College Park Skyhawks (Atlanta Hawks)
JC Show (Binghamton) - Salt Lake City Stars (Utah Jazz)
Antony Tarke (NJIT/Coppin State) - Motor City Cruise (Detroit Pistons)
Obediah Noel (Lowell) - Raptors 905 (Toronto Raptors)
Anthony Lamb (Vermont) - Rio Grande Valley Vipers (Houston Rockets)

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
2023 FIBA World Cup qualification has been happening over the last year. Some AE representation has been on it.

The current round of games includes:

Gerardo Suero (Albany), Dominican Republic
Romani Hansen (Albany), US Virgin Islands
JJ Barea (Northeastern), Puerto Rico (3 years in AE, he counts!)
Sergio El Darwich (Maine), Lebanon
Jakub Petras (Stony Brook), Slovakia
Jamar Wilson (Albany), Finland

Given that the NBA/NCAA and some higher-level European players aren't playing/skipping this round, you've seen some of these teams reaching into their depth. Team USA has G-Leaguers, plus guys like Isiah Thomas who is a free agent playing with them right now.

Clancy Rugg (Vermont) played as a naturalized player for Luxembourg in the pre-qualifying tournament for Europe, where they didn't advance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jameel Warney is still killing it in Korea. Averaging 22/12, second-leading scorer behind a first-round NBA draft pick from St. Bonaventure. Just put up a 42/15 game too — still less than his 43 against Vermont in 2016 ;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
With everything going on in the NBA right now - with all the hardship waiver opportunities, some AE players may get a second chance at that NBA dream. Teams are really hurting right now and the smart ones will try to sign undrafted gems - while the dingus teams will sign over-the-hill vets who will fit in well, but won't offer the opportunity to evaluate a prospect.

With how Lamb played with Houston last year, will be surprised if he does't get the call up. But, I think if he doesn't his NBA ship may have sailed.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Lamb has been doing great in the G-League. His defense is excellent and he has games where he shoots 50%+ from 3. If Houston is short-handed I would have thought he would have gotten the call already, but they know him and his game and may not think he's what they need. The way he's played for the RGV team I would not be surprised if some trading might happen if that's the case.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Lamb has been doing great in the G-League. His defense is excellent and he has games where he shoots 50%+ from 3. If Houston is short-handed I would have thought he would have gotten the call already, but they know him and his game and may not think he's what they need. The way he's played for the RGV team I would not be surprised if some trading might happen if that's the case.
Lamb, with all the good things he offers in the G league, lacks the foot speed and explosiveness that is so important at the next level. I just don’t see him having any meaningful impact in the NBA.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
At the last UVM home game, someone told me that Lamb is injured. No idea what it is or how serious, but certainly bad timing in terms of his potential for a call up.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
At the last UVM home game, someone told me that Lamb is injured. No idea what it is or how serious, but certainly bad timing in terms of his potential for a call up.
It's behind a paywall I think, but there is a recent article in the Houston Chronicle backing this up. He is currently injured, which is the primary reason he hasn't been one of the 184 G-League players who have gotten hardship callups.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Ellison was sent back down to the Hawks' G-League team without entering a game for Atlanta (he went into protocols a day or two after he got on the roster). Not sure if he'll get another chance or not, so it's a bummer he didn't get into a game.

·
Comrade Fox
2,120 Posts
TBH with a season high 24 for Breogan today against Obradoiro. 5/10 from 2 and 4/9 from 3. Rio got bodied though, 100-83.

Averaging 14 points per game on good shooting splits (50% from 2, 38% from 3, 86% from the line). 3 rebs, 4 assists. Breogan, in their first season up, is 8th in the Spanish league.

He's their second option this season after Džanan Musa who is putting up MVP caliber numbers.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts