Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I am happy for Benny. He is probably the hardest-working player out there and deserves every nickel he gets ten times over. It is not a knock against Smith.
Saying you are going to "relish the fact that Benny has landed in a much better spot with likely more lucrative compensation" is not a knock against Smith? How is anyone not supposed to interpret that as you hoping Smith ends up in a worse league and financial situation than Shungu? You truly love to prove you can be stupider than previously thought.

This isn't your first anti-Smith take on here. It's pretty pathetic to say stuff like that about a player who was an all-conference performer and helped UVM win a lot of basketball games. All because you prefer someone else? Didn't like some flaw in his game (gasp, all players have them!)? All because you're butthurt Smith took a unique opportunity to play at a higher level with a free year and get two degrees?

I don't know where Smith will end up come September (he's still playing in the CEBL which runs until mid-August). But one thing I do know is that I, nor most people here are going to take pleasure out of the fact that he might land in a spot that isn't as good as a former teammate. That's because that's asshole behavior. And people who say that are pieces of shit too.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
They were in town for a teammate's wedding. (I think) - Becker's camp isn't for another week says the UVM campus rec calendar)
Ah. That would explain it. I was just trying to establish their professional-basketball bona fides to put them in this thread... I know some of them are playing overseas, but wasn't sure if all were.

And congratulations to the happy couple, whoever they may be.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts