Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I did not see this coming. Unfortunately, the league has really taken a step backward this season. Stony Brook, Hartford, Vermont and Albany are a combined 5-46!!!! There ain't any sugar coating that folks....... :eek8: .

Maine has a winning record (9-7) but has had very mediocre pitching. UMBC is a pleasant surprise and actually swept Duke today. The league has to be at the bottom of the RPI rankings though.....let's hope that teams start playing better and win a few OOC games before the league season starts.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think the whole league and Board is still on Basketball withdrawl. But MaineJeff your right, that is rather surprising, whats even more intresting is if you take UA out of that 5-46 group, UA has 60% of the wins. Take them out UVM and Hartford have one and Stony Brook has yet to Win. And Binghamton which also has 3 wins and a tie has only played 9 games total, compared to the rest of the league which ranges from 12-16 games played. So far Maine has lived up to the coachs poll prediction. But lets see what happens when AE play starts up.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that Maine is still the prohibitive favorite, but they won't go through the league unscathed.......and with their pitching issues the AE Tourney could get really interesting.

Stony Brook has played a pretty tough schedule, but should not be winless after 13 games. Any Seawolves fans out there know what is going on?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
MJ, I know a team that could help the AE.

The team is 9-3 and is ranked #63 in Boyds pseudo RPI. Their 3 losses are by a combined 5 runs!

They have wins over Navy, LaSalle, Villanova, Boston College, Fairfield, Holy Cross, and swept 2 games vs. Hartford (scoring a total of 23 runs).

Upcoming they have Vermont, Fairfield, Binghamton, Marist, Iona and Brown at home; URI, BC, UConn, Northeastern, and UMass on the road; plus conference games.

hummm ...... :)

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aceinthehole said:
MJ, I know a team that could help the AE.

The team is 9-3 and is ranked #63 in Boyds pseudo RPI. Their 3 losses are by a combined 5 runs!

They have wins over Navy, LaSalle, Villanova, Boston College, Fairfield, Holy Cross, and swept 2 games vs. Hartford (scoring a total of 23 runs).

Upcoming they have Vermont, Fairfield, Binghamton, Marist, Iona and Brown at home; URI, BC, UConn, Northeastern, and UMass on the road; plus conference games.

hummm ...... :)
That's great, but I'm not the AE commissioner so it really doesn't matter what I think :wink:.

The really sad part is that AE teams have played pretty lackluster schedules......and they're still getting beat :sad:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.