6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full slate of games with all of them set to tip at 7 pm:

Maine @ UNH (ESPN3)
Binghamton @ Hartford (ESPN+)
Vermont @ Stony Brook (ESPN+)
NJIT @ UMBC (ESPN+)
Albany @ Lowell (ESPN+)

Maine @ UNH - Rematch from Monday when the Black Bears got their first conference win and first DI win of the season. I can't imagine Maine will beat them again so I look for a UNH win in this one.

Binghamton @ Hartford - Also a rematch from Monday that saw Hartford give away a rather sizeable lead and end up losing by 10 at Bing. I'm still kind of up in the air about this match-up but I'm saying the Hawks will get revenge and get a hard fought, close victory at home.

Vermont @ Stony Brook - Sure, this is a battle of the top 2 teams in the league but there might as well be a moat separating Vermont from the rest of the league. In the latest NET rankings (thru Jan 23rd games), Vermont has climbed to #70 while the next closest team is SB at #200. Plus there was also that 33 point shellacking that the Catamounts delivered up in Burlington just 2 weeks ago. Despite the current 3-game winning streak for SBU, I look for Vermont to deliver another double digit loss to the departing Seawolves.

NJIT @ UMBC - This is an interesting game. A few weeks ago, I'd have said UMBC without any hesitation. However, over their last 10 games they have gone 2-8. They did annihilate Maine their last time so they should be feeling good about themselves. Their only other win in the last [email protected] NJIT by 20. NJIT is also struggling, losers of their last 4 games all by double digits. I still think the Retrievers will win but not sure it will be by 20 this time out.

Albany @ Lowell - In their first meeting, Albany won by 10, 57-47. Albany seems much improved and has been playing well of late despite losing their last time out to Stony Brook. Lowell has only played twice since the game with Danes, losing to UNH and beating Maine. This will be a close game and I'm going to say the home team pulls out a hard fought victory.

I got all home teams with the exception of Vermont. Though, after Monday night, who knows. All games that don't include Vermont could go either way nowadays it seems.

Reactions: VT Cats Fan

·
Registered
159 Posts
Maine @ UNH - UNH Rolls at home

Binghamton @ Hartford - I will take Binghamton on the road. Hartford is now the Cinderella of the message board. They are 3-12 on the season with a win vs UNH who just lost to Maine. I need to see more and a lot more from Hartford before I crown them the upper tier of the leage.

Vermont @ Stony Brook - GAME OF THE NIGHT- Look for Vermont to blow it open in the second half. I can see about five ways Vermont can beat Stony Brook and one way Stony Brook can beat Vermont (Threes). Il take Vermont on the road.

NJIT @ UMBC - UMBC has struggled off covid but has shown signs of life, I will take UMBC at home.

Albany @ Lowell - Pre Season I had Lowell as a contender (beat Dayton, George Washington), I loved the defense and rebounding, Duquette gets the most out of his guys. At this point Albany is playing the best basketball of the season (losing Perry has led to ball movement and new roles for everyone). I have my doubts if it is sustainable but Horton and Cerutti are both playing at an all league level of late. Newman has really blossomed since Perrys injury. I believe Lowell has the talent but they cannot hit the shots since conference play started, I will go Albany on the road .

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I see Vermont sending a message to the "traitors" in a big big way. Vermont now has some incentive not to cruise and goes HAM from the tip. Catamounts by 20 plus.
I don't know...I doubt SBU's conference alignment moves the needle much for the UVM players. They are coached to focus on the things in front of them, the things that they can control. Getting a win on Long Island and a two game lead for the 1 seed is enough motivation.

I have to believe that it will be a closer game than last time...

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I wonder if SBU's move will inspire them to play harder. If they are not invited to the conference tourney, it may be their last chance to get even for the last game and stick their finger into the AE's eye to boot.

I think it will be UVM by 14 or so, but there will be a lot of fouls.

·
Super Moderator
6,908 Posts
Both UMBC and NJIT putting on shooting clinics.

An aside, I believethis is the first home game in the spring semester, disappointed to see fewer students, and I don’t like seeing the band in a separate section than the students section.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maine getting crushed.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Some interesting lineup choices by Becker there, but after a terrible middle stretch of the half UVM seemed to settle down going into the half up 3. If they keep turnovers down (had 8 I think in the first half) I think they'll be okay.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts