Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
I agree that in an objective sense Gallagher does not any longer deserve the jokes he suffers here. It's just a reflexive holdover from the past, when his teams were so awful. A few more wins over SBU and UA and he will be fully redeemed.

·
Registered
14,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I agree that in an objective sense Gallagher does not any longer deserve the jokes he suffers here. It's just a reflexive holdover from the past, when his teams were so awful. A few more wins over SBU and UA and he will be fully redeemed.
Saturday would go a long way but I think uvm gonna hang an L on him pretty good.

Saturday will be a day of reckoning for UA and Hartford. If by some chance either wins... Oh boy... Emotions gonna run wild.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think if he won 25 straight conference championships I’d still make fun of him. But if that team plays anywhere near this way for the balance of the year, he runs away with Coach of the Year. The roster reconstruction on the fly has been fantastic.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I think if he won 25 straight conference championships I’d still make fun of him. But if that team plays anywhere near this way for the balance of the year, he runs away with Coach of the Year. The roster reconstruction on the fly has been fantastic.
I was thinking the same last night. Hartford was picked by most for last in the AE and as one of the worst D1 teams. There is still a lot of basketball to play but he has done a tremendous job in recruiting to give a Hartford a somewhat competitive team this year when he lost so much to graduation last year. This team is playing much better now as opposed to the beginning of the season with Malik Ellison in the lineup and some time together under their belts.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have not seen Maine play this year. Has Fleming fully recovered from that dirty season-ending shot last year? (It was dirty even if not intentional, IMO)

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Blaming Fleming for any of Maine's ills is bonkers. He's the best player. El Darwich is very good too. It isn't Fleming's fault the rest of the roster sucks.
Where did I blame Fleming for Maine's ills? He is Maine's second best player (which isn't saying much). You are the one that seems bonkers.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I was thinking the same last night. Hartford was picked by most for last in the AE and as one of the worst D1 teams. There is still a lot of basketball to play but he has done a tremendous job in recruiting to give a Hartford a somewhat competitive team this year when he lost so much to graduation last year. This team is playing much better now as opposed to the beginning of the season with Malik Ellison in the lineup and some time together under their belts.
They are playing much better than the beginning of the season. Obviously getting Ellison off the injury list helped. Then they had to figure out how to play with him.

Carter is infinitely better now than he was in the beginning of the season. He was shooting too much and having nights going 1-12. He is now very much playing within the team structure.

Marks/Stafl/Flowers have all been pretty consistent but you can see that Stafl & Flowers have gained a lot of confidence.

It’s a very fun team to watch.

If you get a chance watch some videos of the 2 early signees for next year

AJ Gray...insane athlete...plays above the rim
Briggs McClain. ...looks solid.

Granted you don’t know what you have until they get on the court.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts