Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Registered
1,153 Posts
UMBC showed up as the AE rep in the latest ESPN bracketology as a 16 seed. I mention it only because I think that is now four teams that have shown up in Bracketology already. Vermont, Lowell and Bryant are the others If I’m remembering correctly. Kind of speaks to the mayhem.

Should be a really interesting game tonight.

· Registered
542 Posts
Gun to my head, I think I might pick UMBC as the favorite right now. I really like their depth and ability to score the ball. But this is the most wide open I've felt the conference has been in a long time. Definitely going to have that Lowell-UMBC game on tonight before dinner.

· Registered
9,049 Posts
Gun to my head, I think I might pick UMBC as the favorite right now. I really like their depth and ability to score the ball. But this is the most wide open I've felt the conference has been in a long time. Definitely going to have that Lowell-UMBC game on tonight before dinner.
As much as I would love to agree, our defense isn't good enough to really rely on it when we're not shooting well. The UVM game is a great example of how their offensive sets just flummoxed our defense repeatedly and we had no answer.

Tonight is a very good test because UML's first five is very good and has had our number recently.

· UMBC fan
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really good first 4 minutes of basketball - good execution and shot-making on both sides. Hopefully we continue to see light whistles.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts